Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer Shipping

Hello,

I recently purchased some lasers from laserlands, I am yet to recieve them but looking around, they dont seem to have the best reputations.

On the other hand, Lazerer seem to have a good rep and good quality stuff, so I have a question.

Do they ship to Australia?
If so, how is the package marked? As "Laser pen" or similar?

It's hard to get into this sort of hobby with customs being soo strict.

Hello,
I am from Australia too. Your best not too order whole lasers, but to build your own.

About two hours ago I ordered a 100mW green laser module from Lazerer, as you are allowed laser parts, not whole lasers. Then, get a cheap host like the C6 with heatsink or even a pen-host and make your own.

The package would be marked "Torch" more than likely, but there is still a chance it will get seized. If you need help building a laser, look around and search the forums, you will find many things.

Yeah, Thats what ive done for the 50mw one from laserlands.
Diode and housing seperatly.
But I bought a green and violet complete from there and I had to have them shipped to a friend in the USA. Both 20mw.

What really gets me, Is I can have an above limit laser shipped straight here, but two that I'm permitted to have require a runaround.

Thanks

Yeah, Thats what ive done for the 50mw one from laserlands.
Diode and housing seperatly.
But I bought a green and violet complete from there and I had to have them shipped to a friend in the USA. Both 20mw.

What really gets me, Is I can have an above limit laser shipped straight here, but two that I'm permitted to have require a runaround.

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean...please elaborate.

Oh, see, as an amature astronomer, I'm permitted to have lasers up to 20mw, but laserlands won't ship complete lasers to Australia.
So I had them shipped to someone in the USA, then reshipped to me.
Even if they are stopped by customs, I have an excuse for owning them.
Its just laserlands stopping me getting them.

BUT

The 50mw laser, which is far above the import limit for me, can be shipped in two parts, straight through customs. As the diode and case on their own, are not illegal.

Oh, see, as an amature astronomer, I'm permitted to have lasers up to 20mw, but laserlands won't ship complete lasers to Australia.
So I had them shipped to someone in the USA, then reshipped to me.
Even if they are stopped by customs, I have an excuse for owning them.
Its just laserlands stopping me getting them.

BUT

The 50mw laser, which is far above the import limit for me, can be shipped in two parts, straight through customs. As the diode and case on their own, are not illegal.

Yes, because it's not a whole laser, it's parts. It is the same as importing a laser diode, or a laser module, or even a host. As long as it is not a whole laser, then it can be imported.

Unless it's a lab-style lasers, they can be imported no matter what the power.

Yeah, I am aware of this.

It just think the whole situation is silly.

Bloody customs. -.-

Yeah, I am aware of this.

It just think the whole situation is silly.

Bloody customs. -.-

Yeah it is very strict, but there has been quite a few idiots in Australia pointing it at aeroplanes. This way, it stops people like that getting higher powered lasers and causing damage with it, but still lets hobbyists manage to get them.