Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer MiniB 100mw Review

ohber

*1st off this is my first review*

Lazerer miniB 100mw 445nm
So, you have seen the miniB in 50 and 100mw versions on Lazerer, but no reviews for it. Here you go.
First off, I ordered this on January 10th, just past the cut off before their holiday. My order was shipped February 6th and arrived the 17th. I call that awesome shipping from China. Now, onto the laser itself. I ordered the power test with it, and it says that the maximum output reached was 84mw and stable at 84mw for a 45 second test. It is focusable, and burns well(sorry, no burning shots!) The laser is about as bright as 50mw of green, surprisingly, and the beam is nice and very visible. The dot is also at a nice Tem00.
pnBEf.jpg

the lettering is nice shiny chrome-like
w0LSa.jpg

What you can't see from the picture very well is that the box isn't manila, its actually like a glittery gold. It came with the battery and wrist strap (already on)
wNr2M.jpg

tGNmn.jpg

the laser can be unscrewed into 3 pieces
BZ3vs.jpg

and now the dot and beam:
focused close to the aperture:
ir9Wf.jpg

to infinity and beyond:
(the dot as nice and round, just has the splashed effect from my camera)
w8NWF.jpg

best beamshot my phone could get:
aBLyH.jpg

The beam is actually very visible at night, and in a dim room.

Overall:
Customer Service: 10/10
Nothing bad to say, just did everything well.

Shipping: 10/10
Didn't expect it as early as it was, factoring in when it shipped and their holiday

The Laser Itself: 9/10
Only thing was it was not 100mw, but you can't get everything. everything else was great.

Packaging: 10/10
Did everything it was meant to, holds the laser really well and a great way to store it.

Price: 7/10
The price is certainly reachable, but at $90, and a 1W equivalent is only $60 or so more, you can guess what most people would go for. But the reasoning that low power blues are fairly rare, the price is fair.

Would I recommend this? Definitely! Its great for people that don't want a 1W Blue.

This is a very nice first review... :gj:

Have you tried unscrewing the top portion to see the raw output without the collimating lens? If you do, please add a picture.

Also is the green laser you're referring to the Lazerer 50mW in your signature, and was it metered?

I'm on the fence whether to grab one of these myself. Single mode lasers are so much fun because of divergence and the nice dot:)

ohber

yes, the 50mw i refered to is the one in my signature, and it was rated at 79mw with IR, 8mw of total IR output, for a total of 71mw of green. I should say that the blue laser is not as bright as it, but VERY close with a fully charged cr123a. Also, I do not have a meter to test the output without the lens.

Blord

Good review. The single mode blue dot looks very pleasing.

ohber

You can also expect a review of said greenie in a week or so, depending on how lazy I feel.

You can also expect a review of said greenie in a week or so, depending on how lazy I feel.

If you want extra credit, measure beam diameter and divergence on this one:na:

Seriously though... that info would be great :p

+1 for the nice review.

Lase

Great first review +1

I only wish all new members could be this informative :D

Lase