Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer fraudulent physical address and telephone number

Sorry in advance for the brevity and typos, posting from mobile phone. Have tried to get in contact with Lazerer to buy while here on a trip to Hong Kong. Inquired about purchasing for local pickup first by email twice over a week but no reply. Tried calling but the number is not in service. Finally went to the physical listed address and they are nowhere to be found. Only insurance company offices on that floor. Disappointed that I wasted time trying to get some lasers that were a bit more trustworthy spec-wise than offerings in the street markets.

Though it's my first post here I have nothing against Max or Lazerer, but the community ought to know how this business is run, and no readers should ever waste more time trying them locally.

Suggestions for other vendors in HK very welcome, have 24 hra left here.

(Pics to follow when I get computer access)

sad to read this-- 24 hours is not much time.

Could Max have been using that address to just get mail? maybe he has a friend with an office there. But the disconnected phone number is not a good sign IMO-

long way for no results but at least you did not pay in advance. Personally I would have not gone there without an invite- I have dealt with ebayers who were very clear about local pick-up- it was something they just were not allowing. I also looked up an address once using Google- Earth and the address was an open field ...no homes near the address.

not sure how far but Gray (Li) from JETLASERS lives in Jinan and is as trustworthy as they come. When he ships to me the boxes go thru Hong Kong which may mean nothing. good luck-- hak

Thanks for the suggestion hak, but Jinan is unfortunately not in the Hong Kong area of China.

As promised, here is a picture of the offices listed at the 28th floor of the Langham Place office tower, which is the location claimed on the lazerer.com Contact Us page.

2013-09-09 14.54.51.jpg

Even if the office listing sign is out of date, there is no room on the floor for a small unlisted office to be (panoramic picture up and down the hallway is too big to post).

That's a good idea mojo, will give that number a try in the morning (and report back).

Spooky

Sometimes companies will use virtual addresses (from the days when HK was a British colony) all they are in reality is a drop box for mail and company registration.
Nothing to be concerned about in general unless other things don't add up as well.
When I was still building guns my contact address was a virtual office for security reasons (you don't want unexpected guests turning up at a weapons manufacturing plant).

cheers

Dave

ps: I also don't allow visitors to the works, HSE regulations would have me hanged if I had the general public walking round the machines.

Not too surprising, the number from the who is info doesn't work either. The ringing tone is different though, there's no actual "not in service" voice message. I'm not from HK so I don't know the significance, but anyone can check for themselves for a few cents using Skype or Google voice.