Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer.com - Trustable?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22482
  • Start date
Today I got the 150mW green module from lazerer. It peaked at 170mW and satteled down at 160mW. Tried my idea on how to get a more stable output and to my suprise the module is now peaking at 220mW and satteling down at 200mW. This all without potmodding! So I´m very happy with it. :)

So how did you do it?

honeyx

I simply soldered the bras part where the cristals are to the bras part where the diode is screwed in. First just at the places where the glue was missing. After that I removed the rest of the glue with a razor blade and applied there also some solder. This way I made sure the cristals are still in it´s position and the solder acts as a kind of heat transfer medium.

I know this was a quite risky experiment with a brand new module but it was worth it. Tomorrow I will post some pics of it in a separate threat.

I simply soldered the bras part where the cristals are to the bras part where the diode is screwed in. First just at the places where the glue was missing. After that I removed the rest of the glue with a razor blade and applied there also some solder. This way I made sure the cristals are still in it´s position and the solder acts as a kind of heat transfer medium.

I know this was a quite risky experiment with a brand new module but it was worth it. Tomorrow I will post some pics of it in a separate threat.

OMG Hai r u a girl?

Last edited:

honeyx

Dude, no I´m not a girl but english is not my native language. It was already late here so I didn´t care about the spelling but more to take off the bra of my wife before going to bed. :na:

Last edited:
Dude, no I´m not a girl but english is not my native language. It was already late here so I didn´t care about the spelling but more to take off the bra of my wife before going to bed. :na:

Haha brilliant.

Question.

Lazerer's website says that the power advertised on lasers without an IR filter is with the IR energy + the laser too. So then, considering that novalaser and laserglow both have IR filters on all their lasers, would a laser rated at lower power at laserglow be as bright as a laser rated at higher power at lazerer?

Thanks.

Question.

Lazerer's website says that the power advertised on lasers without an IR filter is with the IR energy + the laser too. So then, considering that novalaser and laserglow both have IR filters on all their lasers, would a laser rated at lower power at laserglow be as bright as a laser rated at higher power at lazerer?

Thanks.

IR is invisible, so to speak, so it would only change the mW rated power.

So yeh you're right in some aspects.

200mW of 532.. + 50mW of IR = 250mW "Rated" output.

250mW of 532 + 0mW of IR = 250mW "Rated" output.. but 50mW brighter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 22482

But still, he could buy a 500mW from Lazerer and tell them to put a IR filter, still it's like 400mW left after the IR Filter for like $250, for $250 at Laserglow you get like 10mW or even less.

(Sure, they might have good quality, but it sure ain't worth $4500 for 700mWs of green, even a wickedlasers has that power if you buy a 1W)

But still, he could buy a 500mW from Lazerer and tell them to put a IR filter, still it's like 400mW left after the IR Filter for like $250, for $250 at Laserglow you get like 10mW or even less.

(Sure, they might have good quality, but it sure ain't worth $4500 for 700mWs of green, even a wickedlasers has that power if you buy a 1W)

Yeh I don't think laserglow was a good comparison company lol.

The reason I mentioned laserglow was because I am interested in a 5mw laser for playing with indoors