Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer 405nm 50mW Pocket Violet Laser Pointer w/ Star Effect

LZPK - 405nm 50mW Pocket Violet Laser Pointer w/ Star Effect

Had to buy this because I don’t have any 405nm’s in my collection, plus it was only $20. Only been for sale on lazerer for about 2-3 weeks.

The laser was sent promptly and took just over a week to arrive. It comes in a neat little transparent case with a magnet shutter, nicer than some other cases Lazerer lasers come with.

The divergence is quite poor and even close up you can see it is more of oval shaped than a circle, this really makes the brightness of the dot go down at long distances. Beam is visible at night but goes quite faint due to the poor divergence. It’s a nice novelty item, the color seemed to be more blue/pink than just plain pink. Think slightly dark Barney The Dinosaur pinky blue, sunbed type color. You’ll need to go up to 200mw if you want a good visible beam.

Same as this color:

purp_sunbed_a.JPG

It certainly seemed up to power as I felt uncomfortable staring at the dot. Sorry, no LPM here.

The star cap wasn’t that great for me, as the color of the laser isn’t that bright. Would go much better on a green.

Safety comments section: This is definitely not a suitable gift for anyone not familiar with high powered lasers. As the color of the laser and size of host gives you the false sense that it isn’t that strong, it looks about same strength as 10-20mw green. Having such a powerful laser inside a tiny host I felt is a bad idea, as I have accidentally turned it on a number of times because the button is very sensitive. I have been tempted to buy Lazerer’s newly released 150mw green in the same sized host, but after seeing how easy it is to accidentally turn it on, I’ve decided against it. I don’t think I will be buying anymore >5mw that are shorter in length than a standard sized ball point pen.

Not suitable for star pointing, and incapable of burn anything.

Overall, it’s a nice buy for only $20, purely just to have a different colour.

TuhOz

Nice review! :beer:
Thats pretty cheap for 50mW.. nice buy!

I may buy the 400mW one someday

Last edited: