Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer 100 Mw Problem

to put a youtube video all you need to do is take the ending, in your case 0ocoIu2_qf4 and put that in the YT tags

EDIT: now that ive watched the video and see the problem, lets hear about your laser. it seems like a connection is messed up inside or you killed your diode.

when did you buy the laser, how long has it been used (in hours), how many times has it been dropped and from what height, how is it stored when not in use

Last edited:

to put a youtube video all you need to do is take the ending, in your case 0ocoIu2_qf4 and put that in the YT tags

EDIT: now that ive watched the video and see the problem, lets hear about your laser. it seems like a connection is messed up inside or you killed your diode.

when did you buy the laser, how long has it been used (in hours), how many times has it been dropped and from what height, how is it stored when not in use

I bought the laser on 3/15 and it came yesterday in the mail. It was used for at least 2-3 hours at most. I haven't dropped it yet. I kept it in a bag.

contact max then, it has a 7 day warranty that he will fix it or replace it no charge to you.

WAIT!!!! simple question, those are the batteries that came with the laser right? did you put them straight into the laser when you got them or have you charged them at all?

Last edited:
contact max then, it has a 7 day warranty that he will fix it or replace it no charge to you.

WAIT!!!! simple question, those are the batteries that came with the laser right? did you put them straight into the laser when you got them or have you charged them at all?

I've already contacted max. I've charged it for a bit but took it out and it was working for a while but this morning it stopped working. Are you the diode is dead? Also the charger i got with it is confusing to figure out. Is green charging or red? Because before I put the battery it is green and when I put it in it is still Green.

that charger is notorious for having problems with the LED, your about the 5th person this weekend to ask about it. id put the batteries on the charger for at least 3 hours and then check it again, dont leave it overnight though. normally batteries ship with a quick charge so they are definitely not fully charged and it could be that the battery has enough power to power the LED indicator and not make the diode lase. the diode needs a certain voltage to lase and when those batteries start dying, they dont supply enough power to the diode. make sure + to + and - to - on the charger, simple mistake that people can make so just double check

EDIT: it is very unlikely your diode died, but rather your batteries need charging so try that first

Last edited:
that charger is notorious for having problems with the LED, your about the 5th person this weekend to ask about it. id put the batteries on the charger for at least 3 hours and then check it again, dont leave it overnight though. normally batteries ship with a quick charge so they are definitely not fully charged and it could be that the battery has enough power to power the LED indicator and not make the diode lase. the diode needs a certain voltage to lase and when those batteries start dying, they dont supply enough power to the diode. make sure + to + and - to - on the charger, simple mistake that people can make so just double check

EDIT: it is very unlikely your diode died, but rather your batteries need charging so try that first

Been charging over a hour and still not working. Will update every hour.

if that doesnt work then id just work with max and he will help you out.

red usually means its charging and green means done. i dont have that charger since i wanted to get one to charge 2 batteries and multiple battery types

replacement is being shipped out monday

Last edited:
Man this is bullshit i wait for a month for my laser and it breaks the next day. Never going to use Lazerer ever again.

explain how this is max's or lazerer's fault? you cant.....they are a reseller just like almost every laser company. he tests his products before shipping if you purchase the output chart. if you dont purchase the chart he grabs one out of his stock and ships it (he may have them tested when he receives them). lazerer is one of the most trusted cheaper costing laser suppliers from china....go switch to another company and yo get under spec products and no service at all. your anger is understandable but its not max's fault. you start trashing on lazerer and max see's it (he is a member here and does check frequently), what incentive is there for him to help you? i had a problem and he went out of his way to help me.

Last edited:
he is a reseller........do you expect best buy to take EVERY tv out of the box and test them then repack them prior to selling it to you? No, you get to know the manufacture and trust them based on prior experiences. to test a laser properly it takes far more than putting batteries in and clicking the button. for max to take every laser and thoroughly test them would be ridiculously time consuming.......time is money. this is why he offers a 7 day replacement/repair policy and he will replace your laser for free. how many Chinese companies do that with no questions asked.....hmmmmm almost none. in the end it is your decision on where you purchase from but i hope you understand that max will provide far better service than most other laser companies and if you find better, let us know.

EDIT: ever thought that the batteries or charger are the faulty item and not the laser? Chinese batteries and chargers are more likely to be faulty IMO

2nd EDIT: lets compare companies and you can tell me which you'd pick

DragonLaser 100mW 532 costs $200+shipping

Lazerer 100mW 532 Stick costs $65 shipped

which do you pick? DragonLaser at $140 more or lazerer who has a no questions asked 7 day policy?

your frustration is understandable but as ive stated many times it is not lazerer's fault and if you bought the power output, which everyone suggests here at LPF, then max would have tested your laser shortly, prior to shipping. just deal with max and see what he has to say, it could be that your laser is locked somehow or something stupid that both you and i cant think of. until you hear back from max i wouldnt sweat it.

Last edited:
I'm especially fond of the furious mashing of the power button while the battery was removed.

I'm especially fond of the furious mashing of the power button while the battery was removed.

+1 when i can, too funny.....~subtitles~ "this is what happens when the tail cap is off and there is no battery in it" *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click*

Last edited: