Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerbeak: Mini Me my first build

Hi LPF,

I'm totally stoked about completing my first build. It's a very small accomplishment compared to some of the beasts out there, but I had fun and it was a good learning exercise.

Meet Mini Me :D

mmsize_by_stonekaiju-d64zg3p.jpg

The host is a Streamlight Nano. It will eventually be a matching set with Dr. Evil the Streamlight Twintask.

build1and2_by_stonekaiju-d64iht9.jpg

The Nano is very much like its big brothers in that it has a pill and the host body is positive.

nano2_by_stonekaiju-d64iiqa.jpg

There is no solder as the LED leads are pushed directly into the pill and bent to hold them in place. I ended up soldering some leads to the LD and pushed them into the pill. The negative lead in the center and the positive lead slid under a metal ring on the bottom of the pill to make contact with the host body.

mashup01_by_stonekaiju-d64m18c.jpg

Beamshot...
mmbeam_by_stonekaiju-d64zgsu.jpg

Beauty shot
mmclose_by_stonekaiju-d64zgw9.jpg

Next, World Domination... :eg:
th_MiniMeHumpingLaser_avatar.gif

mmarial_by_stonekaiju-d64zh12.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this thread, the build is here if your interested...
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/my-first-builds-thoughts-suggestions-please-82231.html

Happy Lasing,

~ LB

I'm speechless... :drool: Dr. Evil lives! Well soon. Amazing job Mr. Crouse. Thank you so much!!! The CNC work and Polish are way better than I expected. PM incoming...

~ LB

After we finished it, my Dad said that it would've looked even better if we had threaded the heatsink onto the head, that way the heatsink could be the same OD as the bezel. Good news is that we just got a new lathe that is more threading-friendly, so expect some builds using more threads. ;)

Good deal, Mr. Crouse. I have another 2 CR123 host I might have to send your way soon. Thank Mr. Crouse Senior too, just so amazed what he did considering the condition of the host when I sent it. :beer:

Looking forward to the polished Laser Saber too ;)

~ LB

Thank you Sir :) I'm really excited about it. Foul Mist made a great driver and now I'm just waiting to get a Mitsu 500 red from DTR.

~ LB