Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laz0r movie XD

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acgYqbv_R1s[/media]

part one of a movie about a kid that builds lasers ;D ;D ;D apparently even if the beam is 4ft wide it can instantly vaporize people that laser must also have some great beam specs as it's the same size from the space ship all the way to the ground

It's called Real Genius if anyone is interested in watching the whole thing on youtube. the whole movie is on there

daguin

maxkillz said:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acgYqbv_R1s[/media]

part one of a movie about a kid that builds lasers  ;D ;D ;D apparently even if the beam is 4ft wide it can instantly vaporize people that laser must also have some great beam specs as it's the same size from the space ship all the way to the ground

It's called Real Genius if anyone is interested in watching the whole thing on youtube. the whole movie is on there

"Real Genius" is the reason cinema was invented

Mitch: You know, um, something strange happened to me this morning...

Chris Knight: Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you

Mitch: No...

Chris Knight: Why am I the only one who has that dream?

Peace,
dave

JLSE

Long before the internets, when I was 11 or 12 that movie came out. It had me taking apart anything with an LED or bright light bulb and trying to make a laser with my telescope :)

Since then I have watched that movie many times, I bought the DVD about 5 years ago and as I type this, the movie is in my laptop on my bench, and is played often when a little inspiration is needed.

I especially like the 1980's 'get it done' music :eek:

My favorite part would have to be when 'Chris Knight' has his ureka moment and scares the crap out of 'Laslo' ;D

daguin

wannaburn said:
Long before the internets, when I was 11 or 12 that movie came out. It had me taking apart anything with an LED or bright light bulb and trying to make a laser with my telescope :)
Since then I have watched that movie many times, I bought the DVD about 5 years ago and as I type this, the movie is in my laptop on my bench, and is played often when a little inspiration is needed.
I especially like the 1980's 'get it done' music :eek:
My favorite part would have to be when 'Chris Knight' has his ureka moment and scares the crap out of 'Laslo'  ;D

And a new generation is corrupted by the previous one [smiley=evil.gif]

Peace,
dave

thats a beautiful color! i wonder what wavelength!

i wanna make some scanner mirrors big enough to make a beam show!

it changes colors like 5 times in the movie at the end it's like the worlds most powerful 6MW violet laser ;D also the beam seems to be super thick and it can still burn through concrete...walls...tree...cement statue...sign.. ;D

JLSE

thesk8nmidget said:
thats a beautiful color! i wonder what wavelength!

According to the movie "600nm"

Things

About 2 mins of the thing was credits. bah :p I may sit down and watch it tonight, looks pretty good for the starting. anything with lasers HAS to be good :D

wannaburn said:
[quote author=thesk8nmidget link=1223926902/0#5 date=1223932566]thats a beautiful color! i wonder what wavelength!

According to the movie "600nm"[/quote]

Odd, I really thought it was blue in the movie, not a very yellowish orange....