Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasersman customer service is terrible ! Anyone else had similar experiance ???

dolftb

:mad::mad:I currently am having a negative experiance with lasersman, in returning a defective item I recieved 6-7 weeks ago. Looks like I have run out of patience, after getting continous run around. Unfornunatly I have to file a credit card dispute before the time for filing has run out. I wanted to start posting sooner but I was so furious with them that I needed to relax a little before posting my story. :gun:

Okay so here is a summary with my experiance: See photos below in this post

1. Items recieved are packaged and shipped in inferior/unacceptable way (plain bubble wrap enveloppe, nothing else!!). Not good for such sensitive units
2. Lasermodule was scratched before opening sealed bag. Turned out to be defective, and I believe this module was probably a refurbished or perhaps previously returned by someone else.
3. Poor communication about shipping tracking number and order confirmations that make no sense at all.
4. It took 19 days to finally recieved return shipping address for refund. This after emailing them many many times.
5. After return shipping, package was twice attempted to be deliverd but Lasersman.com not recieving ?? Yeah right ....
6. During this whole saga they want me to actually buy more! REALLY ???

I have really been fair/nice to these people, but there customer service just does not care at all about their clients or respect them or even take them seriously. I also dont think they give a damn about the fact that I I no longer trust them and am posting negatively.

They have changed their name from DinoDirect to Lasersman.com probably because their reoutation was already then so bad they needed to change company name and website.

So beware, there are other good companies I have dealt with and I recommend O-like and especially Jetlasers !

Here is a log of events, and just read how crazy !

28/12/2011: ordered 300mw greenie module $138 and <200MW portable greenie $25 dollars.
30/12/2011: response "Thanks for your email!
As for what you said,we have confirmed that there is no order number from you and would you mind to confirm your email address for us?
Hope for your understanding and please feel free to contact with us should you have any problem."

What no order number ??? Verify email and payment? I payed with credit card !! And you just emailed me so why verify an email address ??

1/3/2012: requested tracking number for shipment

1/5/2012: new request tracking numner. Lasermans says "and I have checked it for you that your order has been shipped days ago"

1/9/2012: new request tracking number. response is given with incomplete tracking number and which service it was shipped with.

1/11/2012
: 4th request for tracking number. Response with correct number and finally can track with usps. REALLY ! 8 DAYS TO GET A TRACKING NUMBER?

1/14/2012 Package arrives while I am out of town. Neighbor signed for me. Quick shipping I must say. Very good.

1/19/2012 opened package the find 200mw laser unit (boxed) and the 300mw module in a sealed anti static bag. INFERIOR PACKAGING consisting of 1 single bubble wrap enveloppe. This alone is a recipe for disaster for such sensitive equipement and is unacceptable! Here are some pics after opening the enveloppe and sealed bag containing DEFECTIVE MODULE with scratched lens focus ring. Separate laser unit claimed to be 200mw is only 30-50mw at best. See pics below. Emailed to Lasersman.com to explain issues

1/21/2012 response: " Thanks for your understanding! I'm sorry for your sad! Please be patient to wait the e-mail from customer service! Best regards"

1/24/2012 No response from customer service. Requested now RMA # and return address.

1/29/2012 response from sales dept:
"Hi!
I am sorry in advance about your sad. Have you try to change a battery when you use the 200mw one? And I have transferred your email to my leader, he will check. As for me, about the Laser Module, would you mind to get a 10$ coupon to compensate your sad if you like? Thanks! Have a good day! Sorry again with your sad."

WHAT 10 DAYS AND STILL WAITING FOR RETURN ADDRESS INFO !!!!

1/31/2012 Requested return shipping instructions! again ! No reply

2/3/2012 AFTER 15 days of requesting return shipment info : response
"Maby we just came back from our Chinese New Year vacation.There must be so many e-mails to be sent.Now we are spending our weekend.Just now I tried my best to contact him, but i failed.So he can not send the e-mail back to you now.

(YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME RIGHT ??)

2/5/2012 DAY 17 still no word where to return defects to. response
"Dear Dolf,
You are nice too.I have told our customer service .I hope he can contact you as soon as possible. "

2/7/2012 finally after 19 DAYS of emailing requesting where to ship back to, I recieve the requested info.

2/8/2012: Dropped of return package to China as requested by Lasersman customer service. Cost 17 dollars incl tracking info. + Singature confirmation

2/12/2012 recieve notice from LAsersmans.com :
"Dear Dolf,
Thank you for submitting your order on lasersman.
Your order had been shipped out on date. It usually takes 7-14 business days for the order to get to you (US buyers).
The tracking number for your order is RB483883302HK, you can track it online anytime you like"

WHAT THE HELL I DIDNT ORDER ANYTHING !! OH, OH, Could this be the old order I am trying to get resolved. YES ! What is the matter with you guys !!

Response:
"Thank you very much for your letter.
After we get the returning package, We will refund for you.
Hope for your understanding and please feel free to contact with us should you have any problem. "

2/21/2012: After checking USPS tracking # , show that package was attemped to be deliverd on 2/18 and 2/19. So they are not accepting the package or picking it up at the post office. Now I am SUPER angry and demand refund! Or I will go credit card dispute route. I will no longer refrain from posting my experinance with Lasersman.com GIVE ME MY REFUND

Response : "Sorry again.Could I give you a coupon code to compensate you if you would like to buy something else next time?Just feel free to contact me if you would like!Have a good day! "

2/23/2012: "Give me my refund"

2/24/2012: "Give me my refund"

2/25/2012 "give me my refund, I have started credit card dispute"
response " Really sorry for the in inconvenience we made. For this I want to give you a coupon code.Could I ?Would you like to accept it?"

My response back:
"I dont quite understand your offer. Please explain in more detail.
I paid 17 dollars for return shipping already and 25 dollars to mastercard to open a dispute resolution. Thats 43 dollars above what i already paid for a defect module and low power laser.
I am not sure want you want me to do. Buy more?"

IS THIS INSANE OR WHAT ?

JUST GIVE ME MY FREAKIN REFUND !!!!!!! :lasergun:

Attachments

• package.jpg
    package.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 181
  • module-crop.jpg
    module-crop.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

as soon and you listed the price for the items, i stopped reading and took your word for it.

If something is too good to be true, it usually is.
If you do happen to find a good quality 300mW module for $138, let me know :D

I love their packaging fail. my kits are put in a bubblewrap sleeve, and then inside a box, then inside a bubble mailer, and then wrapped in a poly bag.

Last edited:

poksyl

Hi!
I have had some bad experience with Lasersman. I have bought maybe 5pcs of 808 nm lasers from them and one order showed up as clear and OK with confirmative e-mails, but in the end there was no order and I waited for a month without realising this. They sent an excuse but I would rather have had the laser delivered. For my next order they delivered a nonfunctioning laser and when I wrote to them (twice) there was no answer at all. The thing is I have two more orders pending and I hope they will be OK. They have a very good price for the 808nm 300 and 500mW laserpointers. I modify those with a spreading lense in the aperture and use them for medical treatment. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO BUY THE SAME OR SIMILAR LASERS FROM ANOTHER MORE RELIABLE COMPANY??

Regards

PO Sylwan Uppsala Sweden