Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasersman 532nm 200mw w/ 4-in-1 effects

sorry guy's but i accidentally deleted all my review pictures off my photobucket :( and they no longer showed up on here. I just went ahead and deleted all the picture stuff and left just the info. once again sorry for turning this review lame but still hope it might help someone

Sorry for the delay guys but here is my review on my order of 6 Lasersman 200mw 532nm which were purchased in the GB thanks to Kaidy. Here is the claimed specs and price:

4-IN-1 200MW 532NM HANDHELD GREEN LASER POINTER

SKU:A0878000PF0107

Original Price: $26.99
Price Now: $18.89
Coupon Code: laser30%

Specifications:
Brand new green laser pen
Great for pointing objects from long distance
Visible light beam in dark area
Range in 10-10000m
Power saving, compact and reliable
Max. Output: 200mW
Wave Length: 532nm
Output Wave: Continuous wave
Power: 1 x 18650 battery
Size: 148 x 23mm / 5.9 x 0.9in (L x Dia.)

DJNY and Kaidy I feel this post is important information and I hope you dont mind me using it.

Posted by DJNY
"These 200mW lasers are guranteed to have +150mW power?
If so, I´m in."

Reply from Kaidy
"Yes, they are guranteed to have at least 150mw power. Do not worry about this."

Ok so now for the good stuff....

Order place: December 3, 2012
Shipment Sent: December 4, 2012
Delivery Attempt: December 20, 2012
Picked up from Post Office: December 21, 2012

Shipment estimate = 7-14 days
Actual time = 17 days
(not too bad for 6 lasers)

2 out of the 6 lasers had issues with the extension tube not threading together nicely. Without it you can use an 18350 or 16340. I noticed the threads had large burs on the two that wouldn't screw together correctly so I used a wire wheel and a little wd-40 and the problem went away for me.

I also purchased an IR pass filter to see how much infrared was being pumped out. I used 2 IMR 18350 batteries that I switched back and forth, All lasers were tested with fully charged batteries.

LPM MAX SUMMARY

Laser#1 = 99mw
Laser#2 = <5mw
Laser#3 = 74mw
Laser#4 = 65mw
Laser#5 = 100mw
Laser#6 = 79mw
IR Pass Filter for all Lasers = <3mw

From the IR Filter readings it appears that the laser is filtered.

My Conclusion

If i had to rate these lasers I would give them a 3.25 out of 5. It would be be higher if I had not received a broken laser. Also for $19 these are a great steal and at that price I should not be expecting amazing performance; but i am a little let down by being guaranteed 150mw, It would have been better if that was never said. For those of you wondering yes they can cause dark objects to smoke or burn when adjusted but it's nothing to write home about. I have talked to Kaidy about the bad laser and she said I could ship it back for them to test/repair/replace but I think shipping would cost more than the laser, I might try to just replace the module myself.

Now for a review of KAIDY!
I would like to start off by saying thank you for trying to build a relationship with us. She has been extremely helpful through the whole process from purchasing to shipment tracking. Also she has given multiple ways to contact her in which she answers back very quickly. I understand she has a tough mess to sort through in regards to specs and quality, and she has almost no control over this but she seems to be heading in the right direction. Once again thank you for bringing us this deal.

Update 12/29/2012 - Along with threading issues on the extension tubes I also found one of the 4-in-1 effects will not screw together either and I have not been able to fix it.

Below is a link for another great review by wheedy
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/lasersman-532nm-200mw-4-1-a-79007.html

Last edited:

Zeebit

Great review!

The misalignment problem was also reported by wheedy who reviewed this laser (or the other one). Looks like its sort of a hit and miss. Some may work fine, others dud, but so far none are up to spec. Most are around 50% underspec.

Last edited:

Pman

Great review here. I'll take another look at mine as I didn't notice the alignment issue but it makes sense why it would be misaligned. Mine tested at 106mw.
I would point out that I've personally never seen these particular star effects or have a unit that you could change the effect without changing the cap. For me, this is a plus in my collection. You get extension tube and a normal cap for use without the star effects so you don't have an ugly big hole. Comes in a gift box too. This would make up for paying the undiscounted price compared to other units (my opinion).
Would certainly say from my experience that what we have found so far is "normal" for units in this price range as far as fit/finish/power/adjustable etc...
Always disappointing to have a unit dead upon arrival regardless of price. Not sending a new one out without you sending that one back is disconcerting. Would certainly be more realistically marketed as <100mw. Would give up one of the effects to have one of the 4 be the standard dot.

Zeebit and maimai
Thank you guys

Always disappointing to have a unit dead upon arrival regardless of price. Not sending a new one out without you sending that one back is disconcerting. Would certainly be more realistically marketed as <100mw. Would give up one of the effects to have one of the 4 be the standard dot.

Thank you, I thought because I had purchased 6 and they are trying to build a relationship they would not ask to have it ship it back as long as I showed clear evidence.... and I like your thinking about loosing one of the effects for a dot.

Dud is much much worse. Just my $.02

Underspec stuff is the worst case scenario for a vendor, if you ask me.

You two are both correct I feel the only thing that could be worse is never receiving anything. I was lucky to buy 6 of them If I would have purchased only one and it was a dud, my review would of been written in a completely different tone. As for the underspec issue, we all knew we were not going to get the 200mw out of these but I am bothered by the 150mw guarantee.

Kaidy I know this is not entirely your fault but what they are saying are very valid points.

under(guaranteed)spec + dud + return/repair/replace = unconfident buyers