Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers in the Fog at midday

ArJuna

My son and I were returning from camping today and we departed in a dense fog. At noon you could see even a 5mw 532nm laser easily in daylight. The blue laser is 1.275w.

Last edited:

That's pretty nice. I can't wait until I can get another foggy night after I get my green laser.

I wish I got more fog in my area. As it is, I just have to rely on wattage. :crackup:

Last edited:
Fog in Texas? I don't think I remember it ever being foggy in the 6-7 years I lived in Texas. But that was a long time ago, and global warming has probably changed things there.

Well, I'm in Fort Worth. We might get a few decent fogs each year. But, never anything like I had in the mountains.

norbyx

The thing I like most of lasers in the fog is the reflection of the small water drops, it has nothing to do with the homemade fog that makes a nice uniform beam, with the real fog the awesomeness is much higher.... ;)

The thing I like most of lasers in the fog is the reflection of the small water drops, it has nothing to do with the homemade fog that makes a nice uniform beam, with the real fog the awesomeness is much higher.... ;)

true when you look at the beam you can see all the variations caused by the natural fog!

Pilgor

Great vid. The other night, we had the thickest fog I've ever seen roll through, around midnight. My 400mW 532nm was insane.

Great vid. The other night, we had the thickest fog I've ever seen roll through, around midnight. My 400mW 532nm was insane.

you should add your lasers in your sig like you see a lot of us do.. if you got a 400mw im sure you have a lot of other nice ones

Pilgor

you should add your lasers in your sig like you see a lot of us do.. if you got a 400mw im sure you have a lot of other nice ones

LOL, no. Only own two lasers. 130 mW Wicked lasers Evo Pro(I love this laser) and the Techlaser 400mW.

Gun

Awesome video :D

Imagine if it was night time as well!

That was a great vid... I love the forest background. Thanks for sharing this, bud.

Cheers!