Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers for killing vampires ?

Blord

I like horror movies about vampires and other mythical creatures. Vampires are very susceptible for sunlight and I was wondering if you could kill a vampire with a powerful laser ? I don't know which part of the sunlight does the damage but ultraviolet is a good candidate. So slicing a monster with the beam of a 405/445nm laser ?
I see a good movie script of a laser enthusiast walking in the wood at night and ambushed by vampires. But luckily the person carries a high power laser and could kill them with ease. :D

Yea, I know. I am bored on Saturday morning. :evil:

Yup, I'm guessing its the low-spectrum ultraviolet that's going to flame them out :D

Also, I suspect that the heat generated from a high-energy laser would have a similar impact on shadow people, who obstruct light when they manifest and are are blacker-than-black. Time to build a 5watt, go ghost hunting and test the theory out.

You're right. We have too much time on our hands with too little to do. :yh:

I loled with that one Blord.
When apocalypse comes, you know what to do now!
~Alex

It would work on werewolf's too, just make em chase the dot until the sun comes back up :na:

Blord, you mean you're not already killing vampires w/ a 405nm?

I have to remember you guys, in Europe, are behind a bit.

I just defocus my beam a bit on my G-2. With over 600mW on mine, it takes a bit of time to burn through them, so be sure to heatsink well and observe duty cycles. But, the smell is awful!

I recommend slaying vampires outdoors unless you have good ventilation or a strong stomach.

ped

I thought you'd need some kind of chemical laser like silver oxide ect?

It would work on werewolf's too, just make em chase the dot until the sun comes back up :na:

That was amusing :crackup:

Interesting idea Kot. Maybe you should write a screen play, perhaps something along the lines of "Buffy the Vampire Laserist"! ;) :beer:

Last edited:

Gun

Oh you made a mistake sharing this idea :evil:

Blord

Blord, you mean you're not already killing vampires w/ a 405nm?

I have to remember you guys, in Europe, are behind a bit.

I don't think so. Dracula was originated in Europe. I think it was at some castle in Romania. But they are all wipe out here. Maybe there a few left in the US. :shhh:

Just those "sparkly", emo ones in Portland or wherever, who are into skinny, melodramatic brunettes w/ no sense of self-worth.

:crackup:

yeah, don't point your laser at those ones, sunlight just makes em sparkle, and so a laser might just reflect, and you don't want to be hurting your eyes. maybe while wearing some safety glasses you could try to aim for their eyes, then while they are blind kick em square in the nuts

seriously, some personal points of pride are having never seen one of those stupid movies, or a single episode of American Idol

Well, of course, proper eye protection is a must.

I wish I could say the same thing. As it is, I have a 13 yr old daughter named Bella...

High powered UV light sources were used numerous times in both the Blade series and Underworld.

Blade the Daywalker said:
That, biscuit boy, is a UV lamp. We're gonna play a game of 20 questions. Depending on how you answer, you may walk out of here with a tan. [Points to a computer screen] What's that?

I believe this could be an anti-bloodsucker laser, weilded by the lovely Jessica Biel :D

15-awesomely-stupid-movie-weapons-08-420-75.jpg

~ LB