Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lasers & bees

Has any one approached a africanized bee colony from over 100' and ehhhmmmmmm... let them have it with a high power photon shower?... and no not spamming just being devious... :cool:

rkcstr

Hmm, well... unless you had like a kW class laser or better, I'm not sure you'd be able to take out very many at a time... and since Africanized bees are particularly aggressive and attack in swarms, I'm not sure I'd be willing to provoke them  ;)

You'd need to basically destroy the entire colony all at once to avoid an attack. I think you'd have better luck with a flamethrower  [smiley=evil.gif]

You could always run up to them with a can of hairspray and a lighter... ;D

Why the need to always kill things with lasers Jander? Live and let live ya know...Karma will get you if you dont.

Karma.bmp

Maybe I could position my 60W 808nm with a wide focus set on the opening to the hive - then whack the hive with something ;D

dav

dont do that...bees are good.

(im a beekeeper ;D)

dav

do it on a wasp nest :), their easy to find and no harm done.

just throw a rock at them and try to burn them as they come at you ;)

dav

dont know about that, but i do know they come down pretty good with a spud gun ;D.
a BBMG does the job good to. and its fun.
i have also shot a firecracker into it with a sling shot ::)

No No peeps... I'm talkin about being at 100' away and just exciting them with the dot...

No intentions of deathray to them... I'm somewhat of a NoOb on this forum but, I know where a nice hive is and at night when it is quiet I was wondering how STIMULATED the colony would get...

I'll try it and report back...+1 for the karma quote becareful on that though ;)

sorry for the misinterpretation on the OP. Josh

Oh..... Ya yer right BR_J I did post on the spider thing I remember now but, I was a spider killer long before my first high power laser :D

dav

just shinning a light doesnt do anything, ive tried it with a flashlight.
at night you can even shake their hive and you will just hear them buzzing inside but they wont fly out and attack. and if any do fly out they will either fly to space or crash into something- they cant see at night. ;D