Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserpointerforums IRC chan

Heya, dunno if anyone already did or if you guys like the idea but I started a #laserpointerforums channel on AustNet IRC.
Get mIRC from here http://www.mirc.com/get.html
set yourself up, do
/server us.austnet.org
and then
/join #laserpointerforums

Anyone who is mod on here, ask me and I will PM you a pass on here to send to me on IRC and i will op you. You deserve it more than me.
The pass is just so randoms don't impersonate you.

Feedback ppl?

S

SenKat

Feedback - READ ! LOL !!! Marianne started up an IRC channel entitled, Laserchat about a month or more back....Lots of us pop on and off of there...NOT slamming your efforts, they are golden to the core, without a doubt ! Check it out, though - she has a java based website version of it as well - it is Http://laserchat.org and it can be LODS of fun....we were throwing around the idea of starting up a voice server as well (forgot what in the world that is called !) I am VERY much a n00b when it comes to IRC, still learning the ropes, never got into it before now ! Come on over and check it out, man !

G !

N00B

SenKat said:
we were throwing around the idea of starting up a voice server as well (forgot what in the world that is called !)

G !

I would hope its Ventrilo, Teamspeak has such horrible voice quality....

One voice program i havent tried is the GSC Client, Check it out: http://www.getgsc.com/gsc/downloads/

Its completely free.

Ashton

Oh man the evil thoughts I had when I read that title... IRC-chan? is that like 7chan for lasers? (lol, if you dont know you better not look, you'll destroy your minds!)

On topic, though, I personally would rather see aJAVA chat, I dont use IRC and dont know many that still do, it's a major security hole for a PC...

I can look into java. IRC is not a security hole tho... :eek:
If IRC can be a security hole you REALLY need a firewall.

Ashton

@ blue: I'm behind _3_ firewalls, 1 software and 2 hardware. lol