Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laserglow

glona

ok i am looking to buy this laser its the orion series 200mw form laser glow ffor 589$ please leabve me soem feadback i wotn to know if this is a good laser if i shoudl get it or not pelase thanks.

i think that's a waste of money seeing as how you can get pretty good 200mW reds here in the buy/sell section for $100-200

but then again you do get that nice laserglow case and engraving...
if anything, you should go for the green aries with your money

Milos

I would agree.

UNLESS !! you go for 635nm Orion not yet sold on web page. If you do, than you'll be da man, as no one has one that posts here (that I know)

650nm Orion is just not that special for the price imo. I believe I read it has multimode diode that by nature are very hard to collimate. (correct me if I'm wrong on this please)

Their projected dot seems to be kinda nasty too (judging from photos . . )

oh man would i love to read a review and see some beam pics of a 200mW 635nm Orion
maybe u should get that instead of the vega milos =]

Milos

me_too_lazy said:
oh man would i love to read a review and see some beam pics of a 200mW 635nm Orion
maybe u should get that instead of the vega milos =]

I was thinking about it, but too much for my pocket for now. If it was a single mode diode with nice dot and divergence I might have considered it further..

BTW, I know someone here has one for review.. , but I don't know why no post yet. Its killing me !!!!

Love RED !

Justin

There SHOULD be a review of a 635nm Orion coming out sometime soon... I hope... *nudge-SenKat-nudge*

Maybe he's too packed with turkey and stuffing to get to the battery store. ;)

H

High_Octane

Justin said:
There SHOULD be a review of a 635nm Orion coming out sometime soon... I hope... *nudge-SenKat-nudge*

Maybe he's too packed with turkey and stuffing to get to the battery store. ;)

LOL, Guess we should start calling him SenPacked. :D

BEFORE

cat-turkey-smackdown-tn.jpg

AFTER

silly_cat.jpg

Milos

SenKat.. ?!? ::) . YOU ?!?

.. . wasn't me .. I swear .. ;D

Well I can say for absolute certainty that laserglow has some of the best customer service and certainly some of the best lasers I have ever encountered, however I can also say that most red type lasers are very hard to focus correctly, so expect more beam spreading when it arrives.