Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserglow Vega HV?

Did another search around for "cheap" 589's to pass the time and found this laser made by laserglow, I can't find it looking through their main site... curious what the deal is on these things?

Looks to me like its the same host as the hercules, and a >50mW 589 with a LONG duty cycle... Anyone able to give me any more info on these?

Did another search around for "cheap" 589's to pass the time and found this laser made by laserglow, I can't find it looking through their main site... curious what the deal is on these things?

Looks to me like its the same host as the hercules, and a >50mW 589 with a LONG duty cycle... Anyone able to give me any more info on these?
If that's true i'm gone eat my shorts and sell my rigel hv pro.

If it is true save that HV pro for me, if you're selling it for less than $1289 ;)

The Vega-HV is exactly what it looks like, a Hercules sized laser that does 589nm. The reason it's not linked to anywhere on the site is because it's a product that is currently still under development. We do have some prototype units right now, they're unusual but they do work and I think they can be sold. You'll want to call or e-mail sales though, since these are weird units (if you just placed the order online, they would call you about it anyways).

That's really cool to know. Are the prototypes fully up to spec? I'm starting to sell off my good records ($300+ per record) so I might be able to buy one soon

Last edited:
Some are fully up to spec, some are not. We'd be sure to give you the full rundown of your specific unit before you buy.

That's really cool to know. Are the prototypes fully up to spec? I'm starting to sell off my good records ($300+ per record) so I might be able to buy one soon

What records?'

And this development looks pretty cool.

Last edited:
as long as the prototype is 50mW or more (on the 50mW model) I don't mind at all. I'll start getting these things ready to sell asap.

As for the records, most of the time I sell 45's from the late 50's to late 70's. Every now and then something different pops in like an LP or something from the 80's. Too bad the big $$ ones only really show up once every 8 or so months, but when they do they sell. Look for the original pressing of the LP: The Bachs - "Out of the Bachs". Popsike.com has a lot of the info if you google it. Picked one up a few months back, out of one of those elderly couples' thrift stores down in alabama. Feel bad since my dad and I bought it just becuase it looked cool and sold it for $1200 when we paid $.50.

Send me a PM when you're ready to seriously talk about getting one and I'll give you the lowdown on these bad boys.

I heard about these a few months back when I expressed interest and promised to keep my trap shut. Seems the cat is out of the bag now, hehe. For anyone who might have seen me mention "having plans to buy from Laserglow in the future" well, this baby is it. Still a long way to go financially, but I ain't letting up in my determination.

Alright guys, here's the scoop on these things:

We ran into shelf-life issues with the previous set of prototypes. We identified the problem and had new ones made, but these new prototypes have been sitting on the shelf for about 6 months now. I'm pretty overloaded with other matters at the moment, but when I get the chance I will pull them out of storage and give them a complete check. If all goes well, by boss told me that we can certainly sell them, but there is a very real chance that one or more of them will fail (they're prototypes, after all). If that happens we can't in good conscience sell one to you guys. We'd rather not take your $1300 in exchange for something underspec, unstable, or that will simply crap out on you later. There is also a very real chance that it will work fine but will have one or two weird things about it (like it takes a long time to stabalize, or it won't work on certain batteries). If that's the case I'll be sure to describe it in detail to you before you hand over your hard-earned cash.

But as I say, this is all pending a complete re-test of all the units in stock, and I'm the guy who does that, and I've currently got 3-4 days of other, more important work to do (customer backorders and such). I'll let you guys know what I come up when I get the chance.

Last edited: