Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LaserGlow reduced prices

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
LaserGlow has some great new prices for the Aries series.

http://laserglow.com/handheld.html

the aries series rocks. they might still be more expensive than other lasers of the same mW power, but the safety features are a major plus and ya gotta love the heat sink! stable output over long periods of time is something that lots of lasers do not have.

c0ldshadow said:
LaserGlow has some great new prices for the Aries series.

http://laserglow.com/handheld.html

the aries series rocks. they might still be more expensive than other lasers of the same mW power, but the safety features are a major plus and ya gotta love the heat sink! stable output over long periods of time is something that lots of lasers do not have.

Have you tried out one of these yet? Honestly I think the saftey features are nothing more than a pain in the ass, but they make them FDA compliant so I cant complain. Unfortunately the prices I can offer on the Aries series aren't much lower than laserglow. However in bulk, they still make pretty decent profit at those prices.

I'm confused though now. Is the lack of bias here pro DL, LG, or both?

T

tommygreen23

its none, which is why we mention all of the companies and offer oppertunities to them all.

NairB

The "hercs" have dropped in price by $500......looks like the "price war" is well and truly under way....YIPEEE
jumping0045.gif

ipod

price war and excess inventory should reduce these prices further! :)

NairB said:
The "hercs" have dropped in price by $500......looks like the "price war" is well and truly under way....YIPEEE
jumping0045.gif

I believe the Hercs have a 2.0 diode pump too.

I would love to have the feature of the Herc or even the aries, but I don't think it would fit in my shirt pocket! LOL!
And it might look precarious in my pants pocket!!!! So how do you carry one of these around without it looking like your toteing a gun?

S

SenKat

windstrings said:
I would love to have the feature of the Herc or even the aries, but I don't think it would fit in my shirt pocket! LOL!
And it might look precarious in my pants pocket!!!! So how do you carry one of these around without it looking like your toteing a gun?

Well - I live in Texas - EVERYONE has a gun here ! I would fit right in then ! ;D

SenKat said:
[quote author=windstrings link=1162699061/0#6 date=1167644629]I would love to have the feature of the Herc or even the aries, but I don't think it would fit in my shirt pocket! LOL!

Well - I live in Texas - EVERYONE has a gun here ! I would fit right in then ! ;D[/quote]

Ha, me too.. just S of FW.
I am quite impressed with their readout.. I just have to decide If I can stand a pistol that big! LOL!

http://www.laserglow.com/handheld.html

THE LASERGLOW DIFFERENCE:

Green lasers have a natural tendency to PEAK in brightness when turned on, and then gradually drop in output power if no heat sink is present. This happens due to over-heating. This type of laser usually looks like a regular laser pointer, but with claimed output of up to 125mW.

Green lasers with a heatsink will also produce a PEAK, but will decline in output at a slower rate. Many retailers take advantage of this, and measure the AVERAGE output during this decline. This AVERAGE is taken over only 1-2 minutes- and sometimes over only 30 seconds.

Each Aries Series laser from Laserglow is tested to ensure SUSTAINED output power over 10 minutes of continuous operation!

Our lasers also PEAK in intensity, but this peak is not counted into our measurements of the SUSTAINED output power of your laser. For this reason, Laserglow's Aries and Hercules Series are the preferred choice for serious users.

Somebody talk me out of this!!!!! Please!... I would love the portability of the DL but I can't get an answer from them as to thier Initial power readings and over how long is that reading?

6 month warranty and being based out of Canada is not too shabby either

S

SenKat

Take your time !!! :eek: Rushing into a purchase can only lead to disaster - most likely financial ! :cool: Wait for an answer from DL - realize they probably get litteraly hundreds of emails daily - so you are probably queued up to receive an answer shortly. If you buy the laserglow unit - you will love it, I am sure (just my $.02...from what I have READ - never actually seen one), but it may lead you to buying the DL anyways for the smaller footprint - so gather all your info, and make an informed decision - not a hasty one.

BTW... I heard the special on the Aries should be gone or over by the end of this week Friday.... thats 3 more days as supplies last!

Output Power: 20mW - 250mW

For the aeries

so it can range anywhere ?

There is not steady output ? im confused. heh

S

SenKat

windstrings said:
BTW... I heard the special on the Aries should be gone or over by the end of this week Friday.... thats 3 more days as supplies last!

Yup - I missed out on the sale price for the 175 :( Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't buy one right now - I have LOTS of cash tied up in this hobby right now - I think it would be a financial boo-boo if I bought something that pricey right now....I'll have to sit back and wait....the high prices will not last forever !