Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserglow quiz

DJNY

Everyone should kept the answers for himself :)

For a 20% discount on any in-stock handheld laser or pointer:
The discount code is the wavelength of the first constructed optical laser in nanometers. (Accurate to one decimal place.)

For an even better 25% discount on any in-stock handheld laser or pointer:
The discount code is the distance, in parsecs, that a photon from that first laser would have travelled as of May 16 2010, if it had passed through a window at Hughes Laboratory on May 16 1960, went upwards into the sky, and had been travelling through space ever since. (Specify to 4 decimal places.)

greetz,
DJNY

Edit: If you think you have calculated the right number, you should try it out here

Last edited:

Grix

Haha, brilliant idea by laserglow! :yh:

+1 for telling us about it!

The discount code is the distance, in parsecs, that a photon from that first laser would have travelled as of May 16 2010, if it had passed through a window at Hughes Laboratory on May 16 1960, went upwards into the sky, and had been travelling through space ever since. (Specify to 4 decimal places.)

Really far.0000

Did i win? :crackup:

Damn...I can tell you who made it, when it was made, how it was made, and how it did what it did, and the BEGINNING wavelength, before alterations to the wavelength occur, but to the nearest decimal, I cannot...>.< But the second one, not gonna happen lol.

Woot, I got both of em now, now...what do I want, lets see....55% off BOOYAH!

Would you please write out the process of getting 55% from 20, and 25%? :p
And I'm betting you can only use one.

If, you take off 25% and then are allowed to take off 20% of the remainder, in the end it is 40% off the first cost, but I too, do doubt they let one use both! -Glenn

Only one coupon code at a time, you get a message at the top of the screen "All discounts from previous code xxxxxxxxx have been removed and replaced by xxxxxxx" or something like that.

oikos

If, you take off 25% and then are allowed to take off 20% of the remainder, in the end it is 40% off the first cost, but I too, do doubt they let one use both! -Glenn

Glenn i think the question should really be........ WHAT R THE ANSWERS? :bowdown:

Oh yeah, 45%...woops...Can the discount codes be used by more that one IP? So..I can use them, and so can other people?

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I am totally stumped. lol On both of them. :( I think it's for the best though - I really shouldn't be spending more on lasers. haha

Do some research. They're pretty easy to figure out. Especially the second one.
Here's a clue. 3.26163626.

I am totally stumped. lol On both of them. :( I think it's for the best though - I really shouldn't be spending more on lasers. haha

The first one is the same number as is the number of different arrangements (up to rotation and reflection) of 7 non-attacking rooks on a 7×7 chessboard...followed by the decimal value of the quantity sum of values before the decimal

The second is easier, but its harder to come up with a hint

Last edited: