Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LaserGlow blue laser pointer price drops

Yep, those are some pretty nice price drops. I haven't tried one out for a few months, so they may have improved them a little, but the overall construction just seemed far too poor for the price. Only up to 10mW models were being made at the time though, so it would be interesting to see how a 20mW handles. I still would highly recommend the RPL Blue over any of these CNI blues, but at $500 for the weakest one, that is the cheapest way I know of to get a portable 473nm DPSS.

Sure, blue prices will go down... Don't expect it to be soon though, probably at least a good few years. For some reason I keep hearing that the new "blu-ray" technology will bring blue laser prices down... not true at all as they are very different lasers and technologies. What interests me is that if laser projection and display catches on as ome companies are claiming it will, maybe direct-injected blue diodes are what we should be looking forward to instead of blue DPSS. Right now DPSS can be in demand for RGB purposes, but the more and more attention is paid to researching 440nm and other blue diodes for displays, probably the less demand for blue DPSS and we may never see the price on those drop like the greenies.