Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LaserGlow Ad

N00B

Have they been advertising in Popular Science for awhile now? I just noticed their Ad in the back of this months Mag.

N00B

Thats gonna bring in some heavy traffic, that ad must have cost a pretty penny......or two ;)

Yes definately a nice ad, should do well. A bit OT but what happened to Dimitry ??

N00B

Damn, you have a Herc 375? Get posting some videos of that bad boy!

Justin

Thanks SenKat. Yes, we have been advertising with Popular Science for a little while now, with very good results. The only downside is a lot of questions from "non-laserists" that tend to generate a bit of a chuckle here, but that's all part of educating the public! (Things like: "Do you have a laser that will reach the moon?" and "Can I buy parts to build a lightsaber?")

Also, note the new company logo and the "look and feel" of the ad... You will see this all reflected on our bright and shiny NEW website that is being developed right now. Also keep an eye out for similar ads in upcoming issues of Scientific American.

Scientific American actually had a really awesome article in their May issue about how you can use a regular laser pointer and a few simple props to demonstrate some crazy quantum information erasure effects. (They use a red pointer for the demo but we all know that green will work much better, and look cooler.) Basically the premise is this: Using quantum effects you are actually able to erase information about past events, and in essence alter the present by altering the past. It only works on photons so you don't have to worry about Marty McFly travelling to the past and negating his existence by meeting his mother, that's still just a movie, but this is pretty neat too. Check out page 90 in the May issue of SciAm.

Oh, and don't worry, Dimitry is still the President of Laserglow. He's just very busy these days so I'm the main contact on the forums and whatnot. It takes a lot of work to run a company like Laserglow, you know?

S

SenKat

The ad looks AWESOME !  It has an extremely powerful visual - excellent work :)  So - when you gonna send out some Aquarius lasers for review ? (HINT, HINT !)  ::)

Oh, ya - I LOVE those questions ! We should start a thread about the most off the wall laser questions.....that would be a great thing....

I dont mean to Hijack this thread , and mods feel free to move it , but introduces the idea of Quantum mechanics , that the principle of the laser is based on. Those that are interested might want to have a look at this flash animation, explaining the string theory of dimensions.

Quantum theory can get very in depth but I feel this goes a long way to try to explain, the theory of everything.
I have my doubts about this theory though . How is it possible to draw a line in the first dimension if width does not exist? (I think too much, sigh)
Apologies if you have seen this before.

Jason

http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php

Justin

SanKat, would you believe that I actually keep a file of all the "best" questions that we have received? There's some doozies in there. I think I'll be able to write a really hilarious book one day entitled "Everything you always wanted to know about lasers and were dumb enough to ask". I don't want to post too many here in case I offend someone for deriving humor from their honest question... ;)

Here's a good one that is definitely NOT from a forum member: "How far will the Hercules laser reach into space? Will it enable me to communicate with hovering UFOs?"

The answer is yes, but only if they are looking. And hope they don't shoot back.

S

SenKat

WOW - okay, I can not submit anything even remotely as good as that - WOW !!!!

Justin

That one was from a "reputable" UFO expert who really, really meant it. I don't want to name him but I've seen him on TV before. This is a wierd business sometimes.

S

SenKat

I gotta tell you, I feel for you now, more than before ! I cannot honestly say what my reply to him would have been...That is just incredible !

SenKat said:
WOW - okay, I can not submit anything even remotely as good as that - WOW !!!!

I heard a good strong laser will allow you to kill ghosts!.... LOL!... but it takes a green one of course!

T

timelord

I'm sure that if the UFO see's a laser beam then it know a missile will be shorlty following it after the target is locked onto ;)

Justin

UFOs have missile shields, didn't you know? The only thing that can defeat them is germs, not lasers.

Sorry about the accidental edit oooops wrong button!!