Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserglasses

Hello Community,

I want to buy Laserglasses. But not for every Laser one! One glasses for every type of a Laser (Red,Blue,Green). I searched the internet and found the one on the Picture (i uploaded) and now I wanted to ask you, if this is a good glasses.

When you know a shop where i can buy one cheap (whitch looks not too freaky :D), I would be happy if you can tell me :)

Greez
Trudler

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot the Pic:

Last edited:

HIMNL9

Don't know enough German for understand what they write ..... does they have a link for a spectral response chart, or a set of OD value for the various wavelenghts ?

Don't know enough German for understand what they write ..... does they have a link for a spectral response chart, or a set of OD value for the various wavelenghts ?

You don't need German-Know-how I think, sorry.

The red marked calls: Highest savesteps 315-1400nm

THX blue lasers :)

Greez
Trudler

HIMNL9

Thanks ..... but perhaps they don't have any spectral response chart linked in any place (and, being sincere, when someone say me protection from 315 to 1400 nm without give any spectral chart, i start to doubt about the specs ..... especially with plastic lenses)

I mean, with these specs, the lens must have some decent OD at the wavelenghts of the commonly used lasers, +/-5nm for each of them, and a low OD for the rest of the band ..... i know that this can be made with a multilayered specific coating with HR for these frequencies, but sincerely doubt that can be done molding filtering colors in plastic ..... and also with multilayered coating, the lenses looks much more dark than the ones in the pic (almost like a 50% off sunglasses with very strange reflections on the lenses)

Maybe my doubts can be wrong, but permit me to have at least a doubt, seeing these almost-transparents lenses ..... ;) ..... or is just my impression ?

HIMNL9

For the green and BR, i made a little review about the cheap ones from focalprice ..... here ..... and from my tests, they look good enough for the powers that we normally use ..... for the other wavelenghts, i found nothing cheapy, at the moment ..... have a screen goggle for red and IR (made with a plate window filter of "green/blue glass", that block anything over 500nm, but is dark) ..... a lab residuate found years ago ..... but i suppose that these types of goggles are, actually, anything except cheap .....

And have not yet found any decent and cheap goggle that can be effective for all the wavelenghts that we use ..... if someone have these types of goggles, can be probably made with lenses that are a mix from absorbent material (rare earths, probably), and a combination of HR coatings for the parts that cannot be absorbed .....

Anyway, if someone have these lenses, their spectral chart must resemble at least a hair comb shape :p ..... and i don't dare just to imagine how much they can ask, for similar lenses :eek: