Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserbtb and lost shipment

Zeebit

You could always open an INR dispute with paypal within 45 days of payment.

You could always open an INR dispute with paypal within 45 days of payment.

Thinking about doing just that. May go through my credit card company first. Paypal can be a little delicate when ordering lasers;)

But let this be a heads-up regarding Laserbtb. The mark of a good company is how they respond to a problem. They don't appear to be "customer first". This is a black and white issue. DHL will confirm "lost status" with a simple phone call. I will not be doing business with Laserbtb in the future. When ordering from China, it is very important to have confidence in the vendor. Laserbtb had an opportunity to really shine, but instead, they have been negligent in responding to my emails and have not resolved the issue.

I am confident that Jet Lasers would have handled this in an exemplary fashion.

Last edited:
Thinking about doing just that. May go through my credit card company first. Paypal can be a little delicate when ordering lasers;)

But let this be a heads-up regarding Laserbtb. The mark of a good company is how they respond to a problem. They don't appear to be "customer first". This is a black and white issue. DHL will confirm "lost status" with a simple phone call. I will not be doing business with Laserbtb in the future. When ordering from China, it is very important to have confidence in the vendor. Laserbtb had an opportunity to really shine, but instead, they have been negligent in responding to my emails and have not resolved the issue.

I am confident that that Jet Lasers would have handled this in an exemplary fashion.

I get what you are saying. I bought a laser from laserbtb awhile back and customer service was mediocre at best.
On one occasion I was talking to Kevin about my order and he replied basically by saying: "please don't say I have a question, just get to it we are really busy here".

Overall, in my opinion, laserbtb isn't a bad company at all, it just seems they do not have enough employees(im guessing) to handle different positions since Kevin was being told to handle BOTH my order issue and order things inside the company which is why he felt rushed and wanted to quickly answer my complaint.

I have bought a laser from JL a looong time ago and the customer service was excellent. Gray is by far one of the nicest person I have met and will do anything in his power day or night to make you a happy customer :)

-Alex

I might be wrong but I get the impression Kevin is the only employee. I'm pretty sure Kevin isn't his name either (to state the obvious I guess) but the Chinese have this strange thing going on where they all give themselves anglicised names.

I have heard similar complaints re their approach to customer service, I don't think it's anything personal I just think it's a culture difference. Here in the west it's bad form to admit you might be too busy to handle a request (anyone who doesn't believe me feel free to do it in front of your boss and observe the reaction) but in other cultures it's expected. The west is a strange place, we find ways to be nice as pie to a customers face while thinking of as many ways as possible to maximise profit from them. The Chinese are generally too busy ripping each other off or plagiarising designs!

Last edited:

Tmack

I'm sorry to hear that things still haven't looked up with this mike :/

Laserbtb has a good reputation around here for over specific and nice lasers.

I'm sorry to hear that things still haven't looked up with this mike :/

Laserbtb has a good reputation around here for over specific and nice lasers.

Hi Tmack.....I'm sure everything will work out...just don't want to proceed at Laserbtb's snail pace.
Let me know your impression of the X60vn!!!!

Odd. I just got a laser for LaserBTB in the mail today through DHL shipping. Took only a week, and that was with the easter holiday halfway through. I guess some just get lost, sucks when that happens.

yeah just do a paypal dispute then ,weird they havent answered yet, i also think its just one guy that runs the company or so.

I really hope they don't go the way of Lazerer. This is often the start of the downfall though when companies become too busy but won't quite admit it. Instead of hiring extra staff they just push on and quality/service suffers. Here's hoping they stay on the right track.

Well you do need to chill out and calm down :p kevin needs to get his own information from DHL to take further steps. It seems normal to me that he wants his own confirmation from the shipping agency. So that kevin can file a claim for lost goods.

After that he can or send you a new laser or give you your money back. But it just does not happen in 1-2 days. A week is a better time to give a overseas company.

Shit happens man! Lost shipments is not fun. Not for you but certainly not for the seller.

Greetings,,

Well you do need to chill out and calm down :p kevin needs to get his own information from DHL to take further steps. It seems normal to me that he wants his own confirmation from the shipping agency. So that kevin can file a claim for lost goods.

After that he can or send you a new laser or give you your money back. But it just does not happen in 1-2 days. A week is a better time to give a overseas company.

Shit happens man! Lost shipments is not fun. Not for you but certainly not for the seller.

Greetings,,

I perfectly agree with offroadfreak8582.

Encap

offroadfreak8582 makes good points and sense and has a serious amount of experience with laserbtb.

You copyed all the infor to laserbtb, that is all you can do.

Everyone on LPF has had only good experiences with laserbtb but there is always a first time.

To hear nothing from lasersbtb is unusual and seemimgly borderline contempt for a customer but par for the course with most Chinese companies.

The one thing Chinese all respond to is the money people and prospect of trouble with them or of losing same, however, you don't want to raise that unless there is no other choice. If you get no communication back from laserbtb in a weeks time---maybe email and tell them they are leaving you no choice but to file a payment dispute and see if they respond.

I don't know how Laserbtb is setup. I just assumed that with DHL emailing Kevin directly "confirming lost package" that it would be a quick fix. I will tone down the rhetoric and give it more time. But at some point I will need the money:)

Laserbtb issued the refund:) I guess they have a process that takes some time...I apologize for getting so ramped up!