Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser went *POOF* :(

So I've had this laser for about 3 months or so and I've loved it. I've never had any issues with it until about 2 days ago. I pressed the button and nothing happened. I immediately pressed it again and the laser came on and shined/burned normally. This happened a couple more times and I just assumed that it was a "button issue". I also noticed a couple of flickers very recently when powering on.

Earlier this evening, I was doing the "normal lazer stuff" like shining at low clouds, burning holes in things, etc... 15 minute later, I pick up the laser and immediately notice that it is very dim. :wtf: I swap out the battery and there's no change.
I've never had it on longer than 90 seconds and that was only when I first got it.

I'm assuming it's toast though unless anyone has any thoughts on it?
Thankfully it wasn't too pricey and I've gotten a lot of use out of it.
Additionally, if all else fails, I now have a host to play with.

ed69

Hi ChristopherM,

The host of your laser looks identical to my 200mW green I purchased from O-like late last year that had the same problem.
I guess we both got what we paid for! I ended up getting this *RF532-200mW-FMK(IR filtered)*from Rayfoss and it kicks arse.