Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser wavelength change?

Blade

well, i was just fiddling with my 400mw 532nm o-like crown pointing it to the sky when suddenly the color changed from the usual bright green beam to a bright blue \ green beam! it was still bright, but the color was noticeably different and i would make a rough estimate of the wavelength appearing to be about 500nm! anyone know why? has anyone else experienced this?... i wanted to take a photo, but i didnt have my cam at the moment.

WOW I have never heard of this. 400mw of 500nm i pretty sure is not possible. If that is 500nm that laser is worth so much. pics please!! maybe even a before and after I see you have a picture as your avatar maybe you could set up the laser in the same spot and we can see if it is really a different color.

Last edited:

Blade

my batteries are charging and im building a spirograph so i'll try to get to it in the next 2 days... but i was in total shock when i saw it! at first i thought my eyes were just a little tired or something lol. but then i turned it off, looked at a few other things to get my vision to "normal" and then turned it back on and it was the same! could it have been that my batteries were low?... and i dont smoke :crackup:

Low batt usually gives TEM01 or 02 3 beam mode.

A 532 DPSS laser can not shift wavelengt.

millions billions are sold died broke down no 1 ever changed color

Last edited:

Blade

well, heres an edited version of my avatar to show what it looked like... just imagine that beam in a dark environment and maybe just a tad more of a dark blue tint.

Attachments

• image_0024.jpg
    image_0024.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 514
Does it still gives the same color after charging the batt's? try it now lol

Fun fact of the day: 532nm laser do emit very VERY faint traces of 473nm.

Perhaps you, just so it happens, were so lucky that you managed to get the 473nm line out a little bit more prominent, due to incredibly lucky circuimstances - outside temperature, specific battery voltage, and inner laser's contruction and imperfect crystal coating.

If that indeed IS the case, I'd have your laser shipped over to Cyparagon for wavelenght measuring.

@weeba2k - your post, reply #3 on this thread. Another one of those constructive and deep intellectual posts and it's neg rep from me.

What i ment to say /ask was , does it still give the same color when he's using a full battery... something wrong ?

What i ment to say /ask was , does it still give the same color when he's using a full battery... something wrong ?

Hm, that must be some very new slang language on streetz of interwebz.

So:
Bull"caugh"it was the weed good?

...into English translates as

Interesting, have you tried the same thing with charged batteries and observed the result being the same?

No seriously, if the post you're about to make does not contribute to the topic at hand, then just simply don't post. Guy asks about some phenomenon about his laser, your first assumption is that he's on drugs?

Well that's just your own personal opinion, and you should keep it that way by not posting it.

And just so it happens, as I've explained it in few posts up, that there actually is a scientific explanation for the weird color of the laser's output which could've happened. So not everything is caused by hallucynogenics, you know.

Ok that caugh post was a lilbit lame i admid others can take it as funny, yet we're not all the same :)

Last edited:
I might have also taken it as funny, if I understood what you wanted to say, apparently you did not want to insult the person by calling him a drug addict.

But alright, let's not derail the thread now, I am awaiting the reply from OP on the matter. Is the color changing happening only with very low batteries? Can you reproduce the effect and catch it on photo/video?

Blade

yeah i will try tonight. my batteries are charged and im gonna wear them out just a bit to try to replicate the conditions from before. also, the weather outside was almost like a mist (idk if that would've had something to do with it), but im gonna try...

My first thought was that you're lying for attention... but then again, I've had stranger things happen:

Laser-multilinegreen.png

Blade

i dont blame you for thinking that way lol. and i hesitated to thread my situation for that exact reason, but then i just said "what the heck" and posted it anyway to see if anyone knew what it coud be...

BTW could the color of a sodium street light effect the appearence of the color of the beam to the eye? because even though 532 might have a bit of 473. now i think it was an illusion of some sort. i just dont know what caused it. maybe the effect of those annoying sodium street lights?

does it still give the same color when he's using a full battery...
no. this never happened before. :thinking:

heres a pic i found of the sodium light spectrum and this is exactly what i saw (in case it has anything to do with how my eyes percieved the color (?)) :

Attachments

• SodiumLamp500.jpg
    SodiumLamp500.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 628
well you can always go out in the night next to the street lights and see if it appears that way again...

:whistle: