Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Vendor Watchdog Group - Report fraudulent listings or fake specifications on the net. Ebay, Aliexpress etc.

Dud445

Typical thing they do

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
I just found a listing for NUGM04 at 1.6 watts on aliexpress, so perhaps she is being honest, she was in the past. There are plenty of things on aliexpress I am interested in, but too many times the price they show on that site is a fraction of what they will really sell them for. I did order a couple of items through them a few years ago which turned out fine. Just hate wasting my time ordering, and then being told the price is really higher, so after a few go around's like that, gave up on aliexpress.

Edit: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Perhaps her reluctance is due to how she is sourcing this part, no one else on ebay is selling it, and I have never seen a real data she for individuals diodes from these blocks, only for the block, if you can even find that.

Last edited:

Dud445

Well alibaba and aliexpress are good websites. They're like ebay where sellers can sell their products. Alibaba is more for larger quantities and express is more so for smaller orders or individual sales. The sellers are what you got to worry about. The sites are just mediums for the sales.

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, it is usually the quantity thing which holds me up. Although about 6 years ago I bought a single item which was a 10 watt 532 nm green laser pointer through aliexpress for 350 dollars, such a deal! Except really 200 mw. The seller lied, so anymore I am wary of any seller on that site.

Her claim of 1.5 watts output does make sense if this diode is rated for 1.6 watts, her FAC lens (really, just a piece of glass fiber) does reduce the output about that much on the other FAC diodes I have ordered from her.

Last edited:

Dud445

What was the company you bought from though? We should probably start an Aliexpress and Alibaba watchdog thread and list the sellers that we had issues with.

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
That was too long ago, I don't even have that account anymore. I was such a newbie to lasers, I believed such an outrageous claim of output power to begin with, the price alone was completely wrong, even if it were possible. The thread should indeed be renamed to include any source on the web.

Edit: Here's a spec sheet I found on aliexpress. Since these diodes are sold in a bank of 8, I doubt this is a genuine spec. sheet and instead, derived.

Last edited: