Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser tube fires only with test button!!

im trying to make my laser tube on/off using z axis dir (controlled with mach3).
when im pressing the test button on the power supply there is red led turning on.
i wired z axis dir to the high ttl on the power supply and when z axis, and when z axis goes down the led turning on, and if z axis goes up the led turns off.
i guess that the signal is ok but still the laser tube not fires!!!
please HELP!!! i attached wiring diagram.... and im sorry for my english

Attachments

• 233.jpg
    233.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 260

There aren't many experts on CNC here. You'll have to give more information. Does the laser tube fire with the test button? Where is the test button? Do you have a pinout of the laser power supply's connectors? What is the waveform for the Z axis signal output?

It could be that you connected the wires backwards. You are going to have to disconnect everything and test each piece individually. Figure out what the TTL input wants - inverting, non-inverting, or what. Then connect a VOM (or better yet a logic probe or oscilloscope) to the z axis outputs to see what is coming out of there. Worse comes to worse, you will need some type of circuit to convert the z axis signal into something the laser PSU can understand. Most likely though it's just a case of having the wires hooked up wrong.