Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser that cuts plastic

You will need a water pump and chiller or radiator set up the head will have to stay inline with everything to work. So it will need to stay on the 2 axis table.

If you want to plastic cut laser you can search the internet, maybe you can find any company who provides you this laser and may be you can find other best way to cut the plastic... Best of luck and keep up.

Last edited:
I can't use this type of lasers manually(with my own hands, grabbing the laser head) right?

No absolutely not. Too many things can go wrong. (High voltage, reflections, broken glass)
To get a decent cut, you need a power feed of some type or CNC XY table.

you will have no problems cutting 3mm plastic with a co2 laser.

i recently built a 60W co2 laser cnc machine and it's plenty of power. just beware that cutting certain types of plastic releases toxic fumes.

Hi, I work for a company that produces plastic parts and we're trying to find a laser that we can use to manually cut through plastic (PS e ABS are the types of plastic).

We don't want pre-fabricated machines, we want to adapt a laser on a working table we have.

I don't know if any of you can help, but the info I'd want is if it's viable to do it and maybe point me on a direction of where would I find such parts/components.

Thanks

upaa27

co2 will work great. I recommend at least a 10 watt. Good luck!

hi,
Yes laser is used to cut plastic but for this you should choose a high bandwidth laser beam.
Thank you for sharing the detail information about laser and all its types and wavelength. It is very useful for me also. Thank you once again.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

[ url = MAY 2011 VISA BULLETIN - PREDICTIONS ] MAY 2011 VISA BULLETIN PREDICTIONS [/url]