Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser tatoo with my 6x

Status
Not open for further replies.
405nm is not UV and not even close the ionizing UV band. It's UVB that causes melanomas. UVC is even worse but you don't find that naturally on earth because it's filtered by the atmosphere.

LASERBEE: True it is possible to damage DNA from excessive heating (called denaturing) but that is independent of the wavelength. Any wavelength capable of being absorbed in high enough densities can damage surrounding tissue but any other heat source will do the same thing. Generally, once DNA is denatured it's damaged beyond repair and cannot be transcribed so the potential for any cancers is very low. Oxygen radicals are often the culprit from UVB exposure in the rise of melanomas.

Hey MrGreenJeans...

You need to look at the [ :whistle:] Smiley I used... It was meant as a joke...
I have no clue as to the truth of what I posted...

Man... I hate explaining humor.... either you get it or you don't..:san:

BTW the name is lasersbee....;)

Jerry

Last edited:

Commonly referred to as the HAZ (heat affected zone) in the cutting/etching industry, it refers to exactly that. When cutting or etching, the goal is to minimize the HAZ so as to limit the burning around the edges of the cut. This is obtained by cutting quickly with high power so the heat does not have a chance to travel too far through the target.

In your case, it burns fast enough that the heat does not go far enough to hit too many nerve endings, thus minimizing the pain. The few it does hit, it vaporizes and they have no chance to respond with a pain impulse. I've heard that getting a direct hit with a CO2 beam is relatively painless for this reason as well.

My friend about 6 months ago, burned his skin with my blu-ray...on purpose. Till this day, he still has a scare on his arm to prove it.

Dude its funny, but not smart. Not to mention the possible skin damage you could do, its not cool to post yourself irresponsibility using a laser. Not good for younger members or the forum in general. Please conciser deleting this.

Umm...Tech_Junkie? Did I just hear that out of you?

-Mark

My friend about 6 months ago, burned his skin with my blu-ray...on purpose. Till this day, he still has a scare on his arm to prove it.
noooooO! I don't want an LOL tatoo.

I want the same LOL but on my eyelids.
I for some reason picture Dr. Evil from Austin Powers with LOL's on his eyes when he shuts them.

Last edited:
I don't think these pictures are doing too much harm, and if younger users decide to copy, then let them do it, if something goes wrong then they'l learn themselves not to copy the man from the internet, lawl.
I very republican belief I have there.
I'm really not posting them to show what I've done to my arm, but the power of this laser. I was just really surprised I was able to do this without sharpie.

I'm happy to say tho, that with no evidence to back it up, I'm pretty sure there was no harm done to my arm.:p

That is about the most irresponsible/juvenile thing I've heard in
a while...

You hand over a potentially harmful idea to the members on this
Forum and take no responsibility for your actions or for any
negative consequences that may arise from this idea being used
by others...:wtf:

Jerry

I don't think these pictures are doing too much harm, and if younger users decide to copy, then let them do it, if something goes wrong then they'l learn themselves not to copy the man from the internet, lawl.
I very republican belief I have there.
I'm really not posting them to show what I've done to my arm, but the power of this laser. I was just really surprised I was able to do this without sharpie.

I'm happy to say tho, that with no evidence to back it up, I'm pretty sure there was no harm done to my arm.:p

That is about the most irresponsible/juvenile thing I've heard in
a while...

Forum and take no responsibility for your actions or for any
negative consequences that may arise from this idea being used
by others...:wtf:

Jerry

Forum...

Jerry
alright alright fine...
I've removed what I said from that post.:angel:

If you just remove the quote.

So far this thread is leading to a direction where THIS comes to mind:
cut_video_card.jpg

Last edited:
alright alright fine...
I've removed what I said from that post.:angel:

If you just remove the quote.

So far this thread is leading to a direction where THIS comes to mind:
cut_video_card.jpg

That video card post was fake. The card was dead and the person cut the pcb and made the story up to get attention!

"and when i'm bored
I will burn my skin
yes it hurts; don't care
i will do it again"

could my laser raps possibly be any more accurate? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.