Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Supplies QLD Australia

Hello.

I am looking to build a 50mw mains powered laser. This is my first laser build and I am having difficulty finding suppliers that ship to Queensland Australia. I can't seem to find anywhere that ships a MicroFlexDrive v5. Any help is much appreciated.

Thankyou

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, OverclockedSteel! :beer:
When you get a chance, you should introduce yourself in the Welcome section.

You could try Illumination Supply, they carry that driver, but they seem to be out of stock for now.
I'm not sure if they ship to Australia, but I can't see why not.

Last edited:

DTR

The flexdrive has been out of production for near a year now with no signs that DrLava will be doing any more production runs of them.:(
Depending on the diode an X-Boost or an X-drive will take its place very well.:beer:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Sorry, I didn't know they were not going to be re-stocked. :yabbem:
DTR is right, those drivers are probably a better choice anyway! You can't go wrong with a Lazeerer driver.

SyKo

I saw this thread and thought 'Whoohoo i can help this guy out' but the higher power 445nm diodes and drivers are my weak area :( .

I've been meaning to do my research on the popular drivers around here, maybe ill have to get into contact with DTR or Flaminpyro at some point.

anyway, sorry i haven't got what your looking for, feel free to contact me if you need, always happy to help out LPF members.

Things

I might have a few flexdrives somewhere .. I'll have a look when I'm home :)

Things

Looks like I have 2 of the v5's .. also a couple 3.8mm 50mW 520nm diodes apparently. Interesting what you find when you look ;)