Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Sites

José Luciano

I would like to purchase my first laser, and I was wondering what laser website is the best place to buy lasers from. I am looking for trustworthy sellers.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, Sta has a thread for this.
Also I have a webpage now in my signature to help.

It really depends on what type of laser you are looking for. You can find some of these lasers for less money for the exact same laser on eBay sometimes. What wavelength, power and host are you looking for?

José Luciano

It really depends on what type of laser you are looking for. You can find some of these lasers for less money for the exact same laser on eBay sometimes. What wavelength, power and host are you looking for?
400 to 700 nanometers
5 milliwatts to 25 milliwatts
What do you mean by host?

Make sure to have and wear some laser safety glasses that attenuate the wavelength you are working with if over 5mw, also it's your responsibility to know your local laws.

400 to 700 nanometers
5 milliwatts to 25 milliwatts
What do you mean by host?

The host is the Handheld or Lab style heat sink, driver and everything that holds it altogether. Many handhelds are flashlight hosts that were repurposed to be used as a laser. Others are machined to be able to better remove heat from the laser diode. The lab hosts are different sizes from as small as 20 mm by 60 mm up to many cms.

Reactions: GSS
Hi Jose,
Welcome to LPF here you will find some nice folks to guid you through in safety and preparation for a build

Rich:)

GSS

The host is the Handheld or Lab style heat sink, driver and everything that holds it altogether. Many handhelds are flashlight hosts that were repurposed to be used as a laser. Others are machined to be able to better remove heat from the laser diode. The lab hosts are different sizes from as small as 20 mm by 60 mm up to many cms.
^^^^^^This^^^^^^
Really no practical 400nm or 700nm in hand held pointer form but maby below 400nm for UV purpose but these are not visible at all.
Starting at 405nm for burning purpose mostly and not a visible beam, next is>> 445nm 450nm, 465nm<< good burning and lots of power up to 7W and visible from 500mw and up. >> 473nm 488nm 495nm 505nm<< very nice colors but about 100mW max. >>520nm 532nm<< very bright and visible and up to 1W+. >>638nm 650nm 650nm<< limited visibilty and maby 1W+ on 638nm..
Wondering if you will come back??:unsure:

Last edited:
That is all correct except for the 532nm lab lasers. Nexgen has a 4+ watt one for sale in the BS&T section for $400.00, which is a very good price for that much power. That is the same price Existotem wants for a 1350 mW 532nm lab, new. That can be found on eBay. I know these high power lasers are not what you are looking for, but all knowledge is a good thing. I hope you have been able to find what you are looking for.

Hi Jose.
You would want to start off with a lower power maybe 1+ W or lower , but that's your choice if you want a higher power build. You will also need a good pair of safety glasses for sure. See my sales page to get some ideas.

Rich:)