Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser sight from Tech Lasers

Tech Lasers has just released a new laser sight, check it out: http://www.techlasers.com/laser-sight-centurion-p-125.html

But I'll summarize:

- It's over twice as expensive as a standard green pointer of equal power.
- The laser itself has no special features over a normal laser pointer.
- You effectively pay $120 for a $10 mounting bracket.

And finally, something which really struck me...

It has a duty cycle :-? I can just imagine troops running into secret ops and being all secretive. Then in the middle of it, stopping to switch off their sights for a bit to cool them down. Then starting them up again to continue. And repeating that every few minutes :eek:

In fact, the only good thing I can see about it is that it's very durable.

This is good, because when you get so annoyed at the duty cycle you can spend plenty of enjoyable time destroying it, as compared to other lasers that you could destroy in seconds.

Chinese Engineering at its finest build a finest build a laser sight that has to be off 10% of the time. and being a Marine i know first hand that combat situations will show up in that 10% margin area guaranteed, DAMN THAT MURPHY

lol

the batteries only last for 60 mins too :-/
not so good on a special operation

i can just imagine it:
Sh*t, the batteries have run out.
Quick, get some new ones from your bag.
Crap, i forgot them

They should sell the shell empty so we can put an open can diode in it and have a nice, durable laser sight that cooks stuff.

I see no reason why it should need a duty cycle... I mean, it's got all that metal for just 20mW (probably underpowered and misaligned). I would think it should be fine running for a while.

I kinda want it. But it's overpriced. More power would justify it... maybe 50mW. I thought TL was supposed to be cheap?

VW

VW

spyrorocks said:
Tell me about it, my friend is after some powerful sights and after seeing those Aim Shot ones, we kind of almost gave up hope. What kind of quality could we at least expect from the DX sights?

Switch

Don't you just love how TL always states "air cooled" for cooling method? ::) Don't know about you guys, but when I read "air cooled" , a fan comes to mind....not a chunk of metal transfering heat to the air around it. ::)

Switch said:
Don't you just love how TL always states "air cooled" for cooling method? ::) Don't know about you guys, but when I read "air cooled" , a fan comes to mind....not a chunk of metal transfering heat to the air around it. ::)

Heh, I think that's funny too :)

'air cooled' is really just a fancy way of saying 'none' when it comes to heatsinks :)

VW said:
[quote author=spyrorocks link=1210331046/0#6 date=1210391352]Rip off.
Tell me about it, my friend is after some powerful sights and after seeing those Aim Shot ones, we kind of almost gave up hope.  What kind of quality could we at least expect from the DX sights?[/quote]

Um No body has done a review on the DX sights yet so...... we dont kno i dont think unless sombody bought one and forgot to do a review of it.... but just by looking at it it shount be that bad and if all else fails just buy a dx30 or 50 and put it in their : )