Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser scissors

Switch

There was a post about this a while ago.Btw, DX has a focused line module for less. :p

And I fricking hate those teleshopping type ads.30 dollars for a regular pair of scissors? REALLY? ::) What did he do? Did he went out there and bought the most expensive pair he could find? So unrealistic......

Man those ad show things are annoying...

Cool scissors though, I must say :)

Kenom

Yeah and without lining up the laser onto somethign on the other side all you have to do is twist your hand a little an still follow the "line" and not cut a straight line. You'd be Like WTF. this isn't straight??

Yeah, that's what I was wondering.

I mean, the scissors don't make you have a straight line. It just means you know where you are going if you keep going straight. If you change in the middle or something, you're stuffed.

Better to just get one of those things with a big wheel blade that you slice across to cut the paper. Now those are straight!

exactly what kenom said. Since the laser making the line is attatched to the the scissors, it doesn't really do a damn thing except help you initially visualize your line. After that it is still up to the person cutting, because if you go off course it will still appear straight. ;D ;D what a gimmick...

i was really hoping others would catch on to this severe design flaw while i was watching the video...
i wonder how many people actually think the laser would make the cutting a straight line

meh, replace blades with open cans running meredith glass, tec and 500ma. They'll cut the paper alright! =D

VillageIdiot said:
meh, replace blades with open cans running meredith glass, tec and 500ma. They'll cut the paper alright! =D

But you have to sharpie your line first ;D

Ace82

That has got to be one of the stupidest uses for a laser yet. Well I had this laser leveler that was useless too. It's funny, add a laser to house hold tools and be sure to scoop up the not so technically advanced people who fall for a really dumb gimmick. That's scary, that people have such a lack of common sense, I'm sure people actually bought some. Our table saw had a laser on it too, which is pretty much useless because once the fence is set up and the cut is in progress there's no stopping it! We just removed it. What's next, a laser knife? ;D

Nah, a laser hammer. So you can aim it and know exactly where you are gonna hit :)