Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Scanning Angles?

Not sure if this should go here or in the laser shows forum...

I have finally got the housing for my laser scanner sorted, I bought the 10k scanner kit from Chinese dept. store and all I need to do now is put all the parts inside the housing. I have measured it out and all and have a question or two.

Does anyone know how big the angle is when the beam reflects out the mirrors? Last thing I want is to cut the hole in the front panel only to find out its too small, wouldn't be such a problem but I am trying to make it look like it came like it and not a DIY job. Second question is related to the 100mw red laser I bought for it. The laser doesn't really have real cooling so as the laser is going exactly where the pre-cut space for a fan is, would it be ok to put a fan there and put the laser over the top? If thats ok then what way should the fan spin, should it blow air at the laser or suck air over the top and out through the bottom of the housing?

I don't know if this is workable as I did this on a spiro not a scanner. I assembled it in the case and powered it up to project on the inside of the case, marked where the beem hit and cut out to the mark.

regards rog8811

rog8811 said:
I don't know if this is workable as I did this on a spiro not a scanner. I assembled it in the case and powered it up to project on the inside of the case, marked where the beem hit and cut out to the mark.

regards rog8811

Not a bad idea that. Problem is I have no DMX controller and the DMX switched don't really do a lot at the moment, its really stuck on either sound active or random effect mode so I cant really tell where the biggest angle actually is. From where it is now on my computer desk it has projected onto the table under it and onto the ceiling above.

lamborgini8 said:
Not sure if this should go here or in the laser shows forum...

I have finally got the housing for my laser scanner sorted, I bought the 10k scanner kit from Chinese dept. store and all I need to do now is put all the parts inside the housing. I have measured it out and all and have a question or two.

Does anyone know how big the angle is when the beam reflects out the mirrors? Last thing I want is to cut the hole in the front panel only to find out its too small, wouldn't be such a problem but I am trying to make it look like it came like it and not a DIY job. Second question is related to the 100mw red laser I bought for it. The laser doesn't really have real cooling so as the laser is going exactly where the pre-cut space for a fan is, would it be ok to put a fan there and put the laser over the top? If thats ok then what way should the fan spin, should it blow air at the laser or suck air over the top and out through the bottom of the housing?

ok i wouldnt worry to much about the scan angle after hitting the galvo mirrors. if the mirrors are very close to the wall of the box then the angle is pretty small. you can change the angle on the dmx?! post some pics of the dmx?

you could get away with a simple block of aluminium instead of a fan?

Things

yeah with DMX you can adjust the size of the lines ETC and where they get projected. with the red laser, the one in my RGY is squished inbetween two peices of metal, which also doubles as a holder. i will get a pic for you ;)

things said:
yeah with DMX you can adjust the size of the lines ETC and where they get projected. with the red laser, the one in my RGY is squished inbetween two peices of metal, which also doubles as a holder. i will get a pic for you ;)

Even easier! I do plan to add a green laser to it as well, at the moment I use my 75mw pointer but obviously its not designed for it but gives surprisingly good results. My 100mw red is here, just awaiting collection from coriurs, will eventually get a 40 - 50mw green in there as well.

Would a lump of metal really provide enough cooling though? I am not going to use it for hours on end, just plan on using this one for family parties and personal use... as well as showing off lol. It will probably only be used for perhaps 30 mins at a time.

this is how my duel red looks

andy3.jpg

Hmm ok.

I will hopefully get parts mounted later today, will see what I can find. Suppose doing that would be usful when aligning the laser.