Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser safety

I was just curious if i absolutley need glasses for a 1w 532nm green laser can't i just be really careful

Encap

Where would you obtain a 1W 532nm green anyway? Hardly anyone offers them and they are $800 and up for hand held versions --expensive.

Advising people to take a risk with their eyesight/eyes is not advisable or something members on LPF do. LPF is enjoying lasers as a hobby and safety is most important along the laws, rules, and regualtions concerning lasers and thier use.

Any rational person would tell you no you must use good laser goggles and practice safe laser use--employ proper safety practices--is reckless and irresponsible not to. You can do anything you want as long as you and the laser pose no hazard to anyone else---the risk is your eyesight forever and all time if there is an accident. There is no prosthesis for a destroyed retina

Last edited:
Where would you obtain a 1W 532nm green anyway? Hardly anyone offers them and they are $800 and up for handled versions --expensive.

Advising people to take a risk with their eyesight/eyes is not advisable or something members on LPF do. LPF is enjoying lasers as a hobby and safety is most important along the laws, rules, and regualtions concerning lasers and thier use.

Any rational person would tell you no you must use good laser goggles and practice safe laser use--employ proper salfety practices--is reckless and irresponsible not to. You can do anything you want as long as you and the laser pose no hazard to anyone else---the risk is your eyesight forever and all time if there is an accident. There is no prosthesis for a destroyed retina

i got one off of ebay for 9$... and used a laser voltage thing to make sure i wasn't scammed

Encap

i got one off of ebay for 9$... and used a laser voltage thing to make sure i wasn't scammed

There is no such thing as a 1W 532nm green laser for $9---is a Chinese fraudently represented product--a lie to take money from people who do not know any better---really it is theft by deception---maybe at best is 100mW laser--probably less than that.

Look at the prices of real of 700 mW to 800mW lasers in the real and honest world.
See: http://jetlasers.org/pl-e-pro/10-pl-e-pro-532nm-green-lasers.html#/1-finish-black/73-working_temperature_-normal_temperature/52-10x_beam_expander-no/50-battery-no/49-goggles-no/33-power_levels-800mw
See: PL 520nm 532nm 100-1000

PS even for that $9 laser you should have and wear laser goggles to protect your eyes---here is a laser hazard chart: http://www.lasersafetyfacts.com/resources/Laser-hazard-distance-chart.pdf

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a 1W 532nm green laser for $9---is a Chinese fraudently misrepresented maybe at best 100mW laser--probably less than that.

Looka t the prices of real of 700 mW 800mW lasers in the real honset world.
See: PL-E Pro series lasers - JETLASERS.ORG
See: PL 520nm 532nm 100-1000

PS even for that $9 laser you should have and wear laser goggles to protect your eyes---here is a laser hazard chart: http://www.lasersafetyfacts.com/resources/Laser-hazard-distance-chart.pdf

so your telling me my 100% legit confirmed by many people real laser power meter is lying to me XD ok dude

Last edited:
so your telling me my 100% legit confirmed by many people real laser power meter is lying to me XD ok dude

sumoichiro,

It isn't possible to get 1W's of 532nm for $9, hec the 808nm pump diode used in the DPSS process cost in itself, much more.

-Alex

Last edited:

Encap

You understand that 1W = 1000mW right? You are saying 1W not 1mW right?

$9 lasers are all low quality, mass produced, low output lasers.

Maybe somebody was giving one away a 1W 532nm laser on ebay that cost a lot more for the price of a good battery---is possible but not likely.

There are no and never have been any $9 1W/1000mW, 532nm green lasers produced anywhere in the world or offered in commerce. Use comon sense .

People don't play make believe/play games here unless they are trolls.

Post a picture of $9 1W 532nm green laser and the "100% legit confirmed by many people real laser power meter" whatever that is, together for everyone to see perhaps.

Last edited:
$9 lasers are all low quality, mass produced, low output lasers.

Maybe some idiot was giving one away a 1W 532nm laser on ebay that cost a lot more ---is possible but not likely.

There are no and never have been any $9 1W 532nm green lasers anywhere in the world in commerce. Use comon sense .

People don't play make believe here unless they are trolls.

Post a picture of $9 1W 532nm green laser and whatever a "100% legit confirmed by many people real laser power meter" whatever that is, together for everyone to see perhaps.

i no longer have either the power meter or the laser im re ordering them thats why i had the question i got the meter from here https://www.laserbeelpm.com and the and the laser i got was off of ebay i have gotten multipul from there and was lucky enough to not have been scammed the guy i usally get them from is this guy only http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-GREEN-LASER-POINTER-PEN-ADJUSTABLE-FOCUS-532NM-LAZER-VISIBLE-BEAM-LIGHT-PET-/251601298699?nav=SEARCH he posts the real power in his description there listed at 5mw because of ebay not allowing higher then that that guy has never scammed me before and i got exactly if not over what i ordered so now please before you go saying have commen sense or look at reality ask some questions bud :) that somes up the end of this thread

i no longer have either the power meter or the laser im re ordering them thats why i had the question i got the meter from here https://www.laserbeelpm.com and the and the laser i got was off of ebay i have gotten multipul from there and was lucky enough to not have been scammed the guy i usally get them from is this guy only http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-GREEN-LASER-POINTER-PEN-ADJUSTABLE-FOCUS-532NM-LAZER-VISIBLE-BEAM-LIGHT-PET-/251601298699?nav=SEARCH he posts the real power in his description there listed at 5mw because of ebay not allowing higher then that that guy has never scammed me before and i got exactly if not over what i ordered so now please before you go saying have commen sense or look at reality ask some questions bud :) that somes up the end of this thread

i also no longer need help with the glasses issue i was just confirming thanx

Encap

i no longer have either the power meter or the laser im re ordering them thats why i had the question i got the meter from here https://www.laserbeelpm.com and the and the laser i got was off of ebay i have gotten multipul from there and was lucky enough to not have been scammed the guy i usally get them from is this guy only New Green Laser Pointer Pen Adjustable Focus 532nm Lazer Visible Beam Light Pet | eBay he posts the real power in his description there listed at 5mw because of ebay not allowing higher then that that guy has never scammed me before and i got exactly if not over what i ordered so now please before you go saying have commen sense or look at reality ask some questions bud :) that somes up the end of this thread

Now you really sound like a troll--what you say can't possibly be true.
You say "he posts the real power in his description there listed at 5mw" - not even that is true ---is says 1mW/one milliWatt not 5mW or 1W/one Watt.

Everyone on LPF knows there has never been a Laser 301 made in the history of mankind that is a 1W 532nm green. That ANY laser 301 could ever be 1W and cost $9 is complete nonsense/misrepresentation jibberish. You can't even buy the crystal to make a 1W 532nm green for $9 if you had or got all the other parts for free. see: Laser crystal YVO4 (applied to >300mW green laser) [OLYV04] - $36.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Use common sense --if a USA guy is reselling a cheap Chinese laser on ebay for $9 it cost $1.50 maybe to make in China. You would be lucky if you got a laser 301 532nm that is a low quality mass produced 100 mW laser including IR + green. They are produced by the tens of thousands at very low cost and thousands of people resell them in the $5 to $10 retail price range.

1W = 1000 mW you know that right?? 1mW is 1 milliWatt, 1/1000th of a Watt.

Last edited:
Now you really sound like a troll--what you say can't possibly be true.
You say "he posts the real power in his description there listed at 5mw" - not even that is true ---is says 1mW/one milliWatt not 1W/one Watt.

Everyone on LPF knows there has never been a Laser 301 made in the history of mankind that is a 1W 532nm green. That ANY laser 301 could ever be 1W and cost $9 is complete nonsense/misrepresentation jibberish. You can't even buy the crystal to make a 1W 532nm green for $9 if you had or got all the other parts for free. see: Laser crystal YVO4 (applied to >300mW green laser) [OLYV04] - $36.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Use common sense --if a guy is reselling an cheap Chinese laser on ebay for $9 it cost $1.50 maybe to make in China. You would be lucky if you get a laser 301 that is a low quality mass produced 100 mW laser including IR + green. which are produced by the tens of thousands.

1W = 1000 mW you know that right?? 1mW is 1 milliWatt 1/1000th of a Watt.

i never said thats the specific one i got... i said thats the guy i usally get them from... and please stop arguing with me because this thread was for glasses and so far i have proved my point to everything you have said and you can also get a 532nm 1.5w+ laser for 80 dollars on ebay gadget jeff tv reviwed it and used to have a link for it in his discription here is the video https://youtu.be/bhRPIdGbWvc all i said was i have had a 9$ one before and you created a problem this is the last my last reply to what is now your invalid agrument i have proved you wrong in every way goodbye and have a nice day bud:)

Last edited:

Encap

i never said thats the specific one i got... i said thats the guy i usally get them from... and please stop arguing with me because this thread was for glasses and so far i have proved my point to everything you have said and you can also get a 532nm 1.5w+ laser for 80 dollars on ebay gadget jeff tv reviwed it and used to have a link for it in his discription here is the video https://youtu.be/bhRPIdGbWvc all i said was i have had a 9$ one before and you created a problem this is the last my last reply to what is now your invalid agrument i have proved you wrong in every way goodbye and have a nice day bud:)

A $9 532nm, Laser 301, 1W laser does not exist ---never has and never will.

The youtube video is about a 445nm blue laser not a 532nm green which requires a different technology that is much more expensive to make and purchase than the technology required to make a direct diode 445nm blue hand held laser.

That you are capable of being a forum troll--is all you have proven to be, so far.

Last edited: