Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Laser safety glasses don't work?

FalloutBe

Hello,

I recently ordered laser safety glasses on Ebay for my red 635nm laser. (this one)

But when I shine the laser trough the glasses, the light that comes out is Brighter than the reflected light.

?!

this means that more light passes trough than gets blocked. The dot is still so bright that it'll probably kill my eyes in a millisecond.

Did I order wrong glasses? Why don't they work? They look green.

Thats really odd. I don't think it's possible for it to be brighter going through, but ebay laser glasses aren't know for their quality, and most likely your 300 mW laser is putting out more light than those glasses can block/absorb.

FalloutBe

Even at almost 0 output, most of the light goes right through.
I don't mean it gets brighter going trough, but the part that does go trough, is brighter than the reflected part.

MarioMaster

Looks like you may have gotten ripped off; usually the goggles that block red lasers properly are a dark blue color (absorption type) or will reflect a bright red color if you look at the reflections off the surface (reflective type)

Benur

That is what you expect from a 4$ safety goggles from ebay. You should look for a renowned company instead, and spend more mone in YOUR EYES.

BShanahan14rulz

I wouldn't be surprised if they manufacture that style of glasses in any color that they have a dye for, and maybe they just happened to notice some of the colors are bought very frequently for use with laser hobby.

Livinloud

Well just looking at the Ebay listing i could tell they are junk. You see all that red light behind the lens? There should be none so the seller is an idiot and is advertising that they dont work :crackup:

Livinloud

I have come across a source of safety glasses for under $10 HOWEVER I am not going to give my source until i personally test them. Ill take the hit and test them and if they work, ill post them for the world. If they suck then im out the $$$ and not you guys :beer:

ultimatekaiser

I got mine all from laserglow with my order. they were about 55 bucks. but they're lab tested and outstanding quality. cant remember the name of the company they get them from. its a US company they say.

Javalin

I have come across a source of safety glasses for under $10 HOWEVER I am not going to give my source until i personally test them. Ill take the hit and test them and if they work, ill post them for the world. If they suck then im out the $$$ and not you guys :beer:
How long until you get them? And what WL does the supplier have? Looking for a set of 3 for me and mine against 445.