Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Rod and Frequency-doubling Crystal in One

From optics.org

LASER COMPONENTS is selling DPM modules (diode-pumped microchip), a combination of laser rod and frequency-doubling crystal, for several years.

Here, 0.5mm thick Nd:YVO4 crystals that function as laser rods are joined to 2mm thick KTP doubling crystals. With such a compact structure a frequency-doubled green laser beam of 532nm can be very easily generated by pumping with an 808nm laser diode.

These modules are available with various apertures and in low power and high power versions. At 532nm, the output power of low power designs can reach up to 10mW and the output power of high power designs can exceed 60mW.

In addition to existing types with standard doping of 3%, Nd:YVO4 with 4% are now also available. This results in a lower pumping threshold and, at the same pumping power, an increased output power.

New Laser Rod Material

DPM modules with Nd:GdVO4 laser rods have also been developed. When compared to the Nd:YVO4 laser rods, the following differences can be observed:

•Higher conversion efficiency
•Improved temperature stability
•Greater output power
•Lower lasing threshold
•High absorption coefficients for the pump wavelength
•Large cross section for the stimulated laser emission
•Good thermal conductivity.

In the near future, Nd:GdVO4 could replace the commonly used Nd:YVO4 in numerous applications.

Benefit now from these new developments in the laser crystal market. We will be pleased to send you the current datasheet on our DPM modules and Nd:GdVO4

Re: Laser Rod and Frequency-doubling Crystal in On

What is the cost of a DPM and can one give about 200 to 400 mW green output power with TEC cooling?

Re: Laser Rod and Frequency-doubling Crystal in On

These modules are available with various apertures and in low power and high power versions.

My idea of high power is not 60mw (well thats just me)... regardless the crystals are probably designed for ~50mw and saying that they can produce over 60mw just makes it unlikely for me to ever purchase one, even though I have wanted to build my own green for about a year now :-/