Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser red 200mw

chido

I believe styropyro made that video a long time ago, of course it's possible to do so but it's not a driver, the pot limits the current going to the diode but that's it. Styro made that video for people who don't want to build a driver but the diode won't live as long as it would with a complete driver.

The link doesn't work for me, but if that is my video, then read the description ;) I made that video before I knew basically anything about electronics. I was going to take it off of youtube, but I realized LPF could use the advertising, so I threw some notes about building a proper circuit in the description. But really, don't just use a potentiometer in series with the laser diode, build a DDL circuit, you will be glad you did.

chido

This is the video, he put a coma at the end of the url which is why it doesn't work. In the youtube website it says in spanish the url was entered wrong. (but I guess you didn't get that) ;D

[media]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz4v8g6Y4mI[/media]

chido said:
This is the video, he put a coma at the end of the url which is why it doesn't work. In the youtube website it says in spanish the url was entered wrong. (but I guess you didn't get that) ;D
Come on man, did you really have to display my stupidity to the rest of the forum? ;D