Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser rec for pro use?

losz

hi all,

i need to pick up a laser for jobs that require line of sight verification for distances of up to 1 mile. i'd like for this to work in daytime as well as night. i was thinking a 5mw green. any recommendations for a vendor? z-bolt makes a "ruggedized" 5mw green that looks good. any thoughts on those? $128 seem high to me, though if that's what it takes to get something reliable that'll last a while i am ok with spending it.

thanks!

5mw geeen will not show you beam in the day.
try 200mw (but even on a sunny day outside it wont be visible :/ )

losz

for daytime use i don't necessarily want to see the full beam, just the dot at 500-800m or so.

I would not want to catch a true 200mW 532nm at 5,280' under any circumstances. If all your looking is a spot flash at the 1 mile mark with low to no outside traffic and such (many other factors) I would think a 5mW to 30mW would work given that these are true power setting of course.

You could buy one of those cheapo e slave greenies and if you have to and put on some shades if you have some discomfort. I usually don't post in these kinda threads, but man I'm bored.

:na::shhh::D