Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser range?

awray

i tried searchin around for this on here for awhile and really couldn't find the answer i was looking for...

what do you guys think would be the typical range of a laser? distance visible that is for various mW'age's :-? 50 ft? 100 ft? 1 mile? just curious...

depends what laser your talking about. depends on the divergence, but most green lasers can touch the clouds, now your ability to see it is another story, that just depends how powerful your laser is.
some green lasers can go up to 10 miles, some 40, you know im not really sure lol, but yes you are looking at MILES, not feet.

Kenom

there truly are a lot of factors in how far a laser can "go" that' it's really not even worth trying to figure it out. 1. dust and particulates in the air reduce it's ability to go far. 2. divergence. if the divergence is bad so is it's distance. 3. Power output. obviously a higher mw laser is going to shoot farther. I have pictures of a 130mw green reflecting off a sign a mile away. fun stuff.

awray

ok cool, exactly what i was looking for.. thanks guys, didn't wanna accidentally blind someone on the other side of town [smiley=evil.gif]

oh yeah, kenom, if i were to put an order in for a kryton now, what would the time frame (approximately) be to have it in my hands? ::)

With a 30x 50 spotting scope and a laser rated at 26.3mn with lowered divergence shone on a very light bluegreen in color water tower a 6 miles away, 12 miles round trip I was able to see a faint spot