Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser purchases and the economy

ixfd64

As we know, the economy is pretty weak right now. I am wondering if this will impact anyone's plans for laser purchases.

Given the state of the economy, are you going to change the amount you spend on lasers in 2009?

Personally, I was planning on buying a high-powered laser after I finish college this year, but it looks like I will have to put this plan on hold for now.

Well, as I just got into this hobby there is only room upwards. The recession is putting a squeeze on some of my hobbies though.

daguin

How much I spend is dependent on how much I sell.

Peace,
dave

I always spend as much as i can with causing an atomic spousal meltdown ;D

The way I see it, now that I'm learning so much about lasers through this forum, etc. I can see myself experimenting and building quite a bit more (and purchasing) ... Our inventory of laser shows for the Company is pretty solid (26pcs) but somehow I can see myself buying or building a lot of "toys" and personal stuff at the rate I'm going! ;D

Switch

Well, as I'm going to get a scholarship for my good grades (which is like a crappy part time job) I'm possibly gonna buy more.On the other hand, exchange rates really skyrocketed :-/

My laser adventures are funded primarily by my income tax returns, as well as any "stimulus" the government wants to send my way.. So I foresee some spending happening soon! It's getting to be that time of year again..

Well if the economy goes down, demand lowers, and price goes down (except on GBs). Quantities of lasers bought depends on my envies and especialy my school grades.. buying lasers won't be a problem, but having authorization is another problem.

Good luck with the scholarship Switch, I got a scholarship to my school but my parents needed the money so I can't have it :-/ Like the guy made of numbers I've only recently started this hobby, so there's only one way to go from here, and it's certainly not down - maybe I will reconsider when I have a red, a green and a violet all working at the same time, but that won't be until 250+mw of violet is cheaper...

I also just got into lasers.  Compared to my other interests, I find building them to be a relatively  inexpensive hobby.  I expect that I will be a regular customer for many LPF members.

I look forward to doing my part to stimulate the economy!  [smiley=grin.gif]

TW

i'm really too broke to be spending alot of money on lasers, ut i love building them so i usually end up selling a laser.....using the money to make another....then selling it....ect......

i think i enjoy making them more than actually playing with them....but thats not to say they aren't a blast to play with ;)

Less lasers for me, since I'm probably going to move out from home this year and need all the money I can save.