Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Pointer Battery Question

Hi,
This may be a very stupid question, but please bare with me. I have two laser pointers, the first of which has a rechargeable battery that fits perfectly. That battery is an UltraFire BRC 18650 4000mAh 3.7V Li-ion battery. I bought a second laser as the first was faulty after a while, and had assumed that this battery would fit it - they both require 3.7V batteries, so I thought nothing of it. This battery is in fact much too long and thick to fit my new laser. So which battery should I get? I have attached a pdf of the laser in question with all it's details. Again, thanks for your time. Any help very much appreciated.

Regards,
DesertFox

Attachments

• LightInTheBox.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 161

Hi,
This may be a very stupid question, but please bare with me. I have two laser pointers, the first of which has a rechargeable battery that fits perfectly. That battery is an UltraFire BRC 18650 4000mAh 3.7V Li-ion battery. I bought a second laser as the first was faulty after a while, and had assumed that this battery would fit it - they both require 3.7V batteries, so I thought nothing of it. This battery is in fact much too long and thick to fit my new laser. So which battery should I get? I have attached a pdf of the laser in question with all it's details. Again, thanks for your time. Any help very much appreciated.

Regards,
DesertFox

In the PDF you linked, it says that laser takes a 16340 battery. These are what I use in my 16340 lasers: http://www.giantvapes.com/aw-imr-16340-550mah/ :beer:

Last edited:
Good news is, that your current battery charger will most likely work great charging your new 16340, since they are both the same chemistry and 99.9% of current chargers that charge one of these sizes will also charge the other. :D

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, like Lux said, you need a 16340 battery, and the AW's that he linked are some of the best in that size.
You also want to pay attention to proper battery polarity with your 532nm, many 532's are case positive, and the battery is installed (-) first. :)

BTW - Welcome to LPF! :beer:

Last edited:
Thanks for the speedy replies gentlemen. Appreciate the link too. I see now where I erred, as I say I am a noob with these things :D.

Regards