Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Physics Argon Laser

LOOK - ANOTHER UNIT FOR SALE! -SOLD-
Hi Gang,
I thought I'd show off and offer for sale this Laser Physics Argon laser to a lover of gas lasers.
Output power is adjustable between 5mW to >50mW.
Wavelength – 488nm single line (blue beam).
Input voltage is self adjusting 90-250VAC.
Asking price is AU$450 ono.
This is THE LAST ONE I have on offer.
Give me a yell if you're interested.
Here are a few pics.
877LaserPhysics-rear.JPG

876LaserPhysics-front.JPG

21jw1dz.jpg

8zmkhk.jpg

Last edited:

Re: Laser Physics Argon Laser (very compact unit)

Once I buy a car...and have enough money...I really need to get one of these. Hope you'll be selling some more in the future!

thanks hugo999999 and timelablasers its not a bad price to bad i have no money

i would buy it now if i had the money... i even live in Australia so it wouldn't cost an absolute fortune for postage...

diachi

O boy ... I really rather need a PSU for my ALC60 before I go buying other argons ... you can't afford this right now ... you can't afford this right now ...

EDIT: Any chance you could tell me what voltage the cathode is in these? This whole unit would cost slightly less than a PSU for my ALC, but if they have the same cathode voltage and can go up to 10A tube current the PSU in this would do. Does it have a starter built into the PSU or is it a seperate card?

Last edited:

Hi there diachi,
You know you want this.... you know you want this.... :crackup:
The starter is a card plugged into the main power board.
I've just measured the voltage across the cathode is it's just over 2.5v while the laser is running. There is a trimpot for adjusting current on the PSU board and should go up to 10A.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.

diachi

Hi there diachi,
You know you want this.... you know you want this.... :crackup:
The starter is a card plugged into the main power board.
I've just measured the voltage across the cathode is it's just over 2.5v while the laser is running. There is a trimpot for adjusting current on the PSU board and should go up to 10A.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Cathode voltage is too low for what I need, I need 3.2VAC, this is why JDSU power supplies can't run ALC60s :cryyy:. I assume you measured it using the AC voltage setting on the meter? :p

Hmmmm....now come to think about it....AC or DC???....I'll have to double check for you

Shouldn't matter. The current is there only to heat the tungsten, and both AC and DC will heat tungsten.

But AC is easier since it can be attained with a simple transformer winding.

diachi

Shouldn't matter. The current is there only to heat the tungsten, and both AC and DC will heat tungsten.

But AC is easier since it can be attained with a simple transformer winding.

Needs to be AC with a centre tapped secondary, otherwise the plasma tends towards one leg of the cathode causing excess wear on this leg, resulting in a cathode that dies abnormally fast and fails on one side.

Last edited:
hmm i'm interested. but never had a gas laser. it comes with everything it needs right? know these things can need fancy power supplys lol.

also could you estimate shipping to UK? (probably ridiculously high)

hmm i'm interested. but never had a gas laser. it comes with everything it needs right? know these things can need fancy power supplys lol.

also could you estimate shipping to UK? (probably ridiculously high)

Sure does. Comes with everything you need to just plug it in and flick the switch. The tube and power supply are all in one compact case and its a pretty small unit.
Postage via UPS is AU$150 to the UK, which in UK pounds is cheap as chips :thinking: ....about 86GBP. If postage works out more, I'll cover it.
Once you've tasted gas, you'll never look back :)

Last edited: