Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Laser photography ~ first attempt

jupiter8

Experienced members probably appreciate this all too well; photographing lasers is HARD! This is my first attempt, I'll try to get some better shots tomorrow night.

Attachments

Last edited:

chipdouglas

that last one is awesome. is it a scanner? or a tunnel machine and individual lasers?

michael

3zuli

for a first try, these pics are awesome!
chipdouglas: looks like there is one green scanner, green time tunnel, red scanner and one static bluray

jupiter8

Cyparagon got it in one! No scanners yet - that'll be my birthday present in Jan'11. Diffraction grating beam fan behind the red, single beam blu-ray and spirograph behind the green - and me tripping over cables and ducking to miss stray laser beams in the dark, trying to set up the camera and get decent shots! The focus is a bit out on these, I'll see what I can do tonight.

Gryphon

Very nice, the way they all appear to be coming from one point makes it look like a RGV scanner :eek:

jupiter8

CAM, The camera was on a tripod, about 4.5m from the laser emitters/spirograph etc. It's a nikon D90, I had the ISO set to 800, shutter speeds were 1/80, 1/60, 1/50 of a second, and aperture was F7 I think... I used an infra-red remote shutter release.

Benm

Taking pictures of beams is hard enouh as it is.. very good for a first attempt!