Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Parking Lines

Any info on how to display a laser line on a floor from a ceiling 30 feet in the air to a concrete floor 20 feet in length?

I have a warehouse with dock doors and pallets are placed at these doors. Painted lines on floors do not work because they get rubbed off by the lift trucks. Each line would be about 4 feet apart. We have 30 doors and need about 120 laser lines to display on the floor.

I know there are laser levels that will show lines but I probably need something commercial grade for this.

LASER projection will get interrupted by anyone/anything comming between emitters and target.
Grove the concrete with a concrete saw and paint the grooves (or inlay a metal strip).

Correct, however if a pallet in the lane is placed offset and breaks the line at that point, the remaining xxx feet of the line will still be on the floor for the next user to line up a load.

Lasers seem to be a more flexible way to reposition staging lanes rather than expensing a concrete groover to permanently mark the lines.

I can also envision a laser aiming at the floor to display numbers, symbols or words for directional flow. I am not seeing very much out there about this type of application except for some bicycle rigs that project backward lines or forward symbols.

Depending upon the angle of offset from a perpendicular of the emitter (and depending upon placement of the emitter with respect to the floor), the 'remaining xxx feet of the line' could be equal to as little as zero.

Yes, LASERs would be more flexible than grooving (not part of your original specification), but tape or paint would be even more flexible and much cheaper.

'Numbers, symbols, or words" (again not part of original specification) mean projectors (maybe up to 120), not line generators. Big cost difference. Also doable at much lower cost with paint or tape. indurance of LASER modules and LASER projectors is not infinite.

But you seem bent upon LASERs as your solution. Good Luck. and I' sure the industry will be most appreciative of your massive contribution to bolstering the economy.

I don't have the solution just looking for the inputs/xxx's and then filter them down to what could be a solution.

I value your input and will say that lasers or a projection will be too expensive, will not have long life, bad for the environment, etc.

I worked in the storage business for 9 years and 3 different companies and we did so much floor painting you wouldn't believe it. I think the lasers would work for this, low power green line lasers should have good visibility. Try it with one before you buy 120.

Alan