Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Only Shooting IR

Maciej

As I recall, CrazyJ was Issac Clark, the guy who got banned. I spoke with VG on a Skype conference call a couple days ago and he swears he is not only not posting here, but never even looks in any longer. Thought I would add this to the other speculation going around.
My name is Maciej lol. It's my real name. I can go on Skype if anyone needs more confirmation. Also Ricker can confirm my name since he sent my condo a package.

Last edited:

My name is Maciej lol. It's my real name. I can go on Skype if anyone needs more confirmation. Also Ricker can confirm my name since he sent my condom a package.

I'm sorry. What was that about a condom? I know Ricker and I doubt he has started selling condoms, or sending packages to condoms. :crackup:

Radim

It is a 301 and he forgot to send a charger which he has done. I'm gonna chill and just leave it alone until I recharge the battery. I believe it is IR because when looking at it through my phone it is pink/purple/red.

Well, I believe this is laser, where driver is quite simple - therefore no sophisticated regulation of pump diode current, with lower voltage the power of pump diode is lower -> battery issue likely. Be aware as those might not have IR filter. In general this is not much a problem since the IR beam is not collimated, but might not be case for 1064 nm and even not collimated beam might be hazard in extended use at close range and/or use with optics, direct hit etc. No blink reflex is initiated, when eye is hit. Good you used camera - you can at least see how intense it is approximately.

GSS

Maciej, every now and then members like to see if the issue's someone had worked out and if their advice helped:)
Any updates?

Maciej

Maciej, every now and then members like to see if the issue's someone had worked out and if their advice helped:)
Any updates?
Still have not received the charger from Ricker so just chilling waiting for it.

Might be time to invest in a very good charger. The Opus BT-C3100 is sold by Greabest and is on sale now, from what I've heard. I paid over $45.00 for mine and have never regretted it, but they are cheaper now.

Radim

Also a good one I use is XTAR (mine has four slots for various batts and USB power source - good for travelling and possible charging in car, if you do not have 12 V DC to 230 V AC converter, it is very simple to operate and gives out 1 A if two slots are used or 0.5 A if all four - also has a display to show voltage, current and calculates capacity charged, has function for (almost) dead cells recovery, recognizes battery type put there for charging and other features), or you might go for something from Nitecore. I got it for about 38 EUR.

diachi

Also a good one I use is XTAR (mine has four slots for various batts and USB power source - good for travelling and possible charging in car, if you do not have 12 V DC to 230 V AC converter, it is very simple to operate and gives out 1 A if two slots are used or 0.5 A if all four - also has a display to show voltage, current and calculates capacity charged, has function for (almost) dead cells recovery, recognizes battery type put there for charging and other features), or you might go for something from Nitecore. I got it for about 38 EUR.

Seconded^^

That's what I have, works well. Does NiMH or Li-Ion and takes a wide range of sizes. :beer:

Reactions: GSS