Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Laser Noob Need Advice!

Hey all! I heard about this place from budgetlightforums and I need some advice about lasers. I am looking to buy a very powerful laser 1+W, but I'm not to sure what is the best quality for the best price. Also, what are good websites to buy from? I heard some good things about lazerer from reddit but then have been told that it's bad over at blf. Anyway, what is the best powerful laser i can get for the best price? I was thinking green/blue laser and building it is probably out of the question since I have never done any builds yet. Also price range is from $100 to $200, but again i want to find the best/most powerful for the best price. Here is my post from reddit where i was looking at some lights from lazerer:

These 2 really stood out to me but if you have other better suggestions please let me know!:

Cyber 445nm - 1.2W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer (link is external)

TANK 445nm - 1.2W Adjustable Focus Blue Laser Pointer (link is external)

I'm kinda thinking about the cyber 445nm just cuz i can get it for $30 less, but what is the difference between these 2 really? Is it just the style of the host or what? Also is that Cyber 445nm on sale right now? Will that price go up soon or will it stay at $120 for a bit. And are the beginner goggles good (safe) enough for this laser or should I look for something better? If so do you have any suggestions? What are the best (cheapest in price) safety goggles for the blue laser?

EDIT*** I heard about laserbtb over at bfl. Is that a safe reliable place to buy lasers? This looks really interesting(Blue 445nm 1600mW):
http://www.laserbtb.com/productshow.asp?id=70

Last edited:

Razako

Hey all! I heard about this place from budgetlightforums and I need some advice about lasers. I am looking to buy a very powerful laser 1+W, but I'm not to sure what is the best quality for the best price. Also, what are good websites to buy from? I heard some good things about lazerer from reddit but then have been told that it's bad over at blf. Anyway, what is the best powerful laser i can get for the best price? I was thinking green/blue laser and building it is probably out of the question since I have never done any builds yet. Also price range is from $100 to $200, but again i want to find the best/most powerful for the best price. Here is my post from reddit where i was looking at some lights from lazerer:

These 2 really stood out to me but if you have other better suggestions please let me know!:

Cyber 445nm - 1.2W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer (link is external)

TANK 445nm - 1.2W Adjustable Focus Blue Laser Pointer (link is external)

I'm kinda thinking about the cyber 445nm just cuz i can get it for $30 less, but what is the difference between these 2 really? Is it just the style of the host or what? Also is that Cyber 445nm on sale right now? Will that price go up soon or will it stay at $120 for a bit. And are the beginner goggles good (safe) enough for this laser or should I look for something better? If so do you have any suggestions? What are the best (cheapest in price) safety goggles for the blue laser?

EDIT*** I heard about laserbtb over at bfl. Is that a safe reliable place to buy lasers? This looks really interesting(Blue 445nm 1600mW):
PL 405/445nm 500-2000mW
Yeah, Laserbtb is legit. Sanwu laser shop and jetlasers.org are also good places.

Does battery type make a difference with lasers? Are lasers that take 18650's better than lasers that use 2x16340's or does it not really matter? I'm kinda leaning towards the Blue 445nm 1600mW 1.5 for $ 144.90 on laserbtb. What does that FDA message mean? " FDA compliant, safety designs" Is that something I should be worried about? Also, are there any coupons/discount codes for this site?

Razako

Does battery type make a difference with lasers? Are lasers that take 18650's better than lasers that use 2x16340's or does it not really matter? I'm kinda leaning towards the Blue 445nm 1600mW 1.5 for $ 144.90 on laserbtb. What does that FDA message mean? " FDA compliant, safety designs" Is that something I should be worried about? Also, are there any coupons/discount codes for this site?
18650's generally give more runtime. Other than that, no big difference. The FDA thing means that the laser has a 5 point safety system. Key interlocks and stuff like that. I don't know of any current discount codes for either site unfortunately.

Dang. Oh well. This thing should be safe to ship to the U.S right? I heard that it could be stopped at customs, but idk if that was for the US or other countries. Also, do you know where I can get some quality safety glasses (for 445nm wavelength) for a good price? I wanted 2 pairs, so something cheap but effective would be nice.

Razako

Customs seizures are extremely rare. I've never had it happen with anything I've bought. Usually the seller just labels it as a LED flashlight or something. Survivallaser USA sell good safety glasses. They also have a discount code for this forum. LPF445 should give you a 10% discount.

Man those glasses are expensive. I guess I'll settle for 1 pair. Better to pay $40 then get permanent eye damage. How about batteries for this laser? Any recommendations? Does this laser need anything special like unprotected high drains or will protected cells work fine? I was thinking about these

Razako

Man those glasses are expensive. I guess I'll settle for 1 pair. Better to pay $40 then get permanent eye damage. How about batteries for this laser? Any recommendations? Does this laser need anything special like unprotected high drains or will protected cells work fine? I was thinking about these
Those should probably be fine. AW cells would be ideal, but you probably don't need them for a 1.6W laser.

Btw I just submit my order through laserbtb and I did not get a order confirmation directly from the website. I only got one from paypal. Is that normal? Usually I get a confirmation from the company of the site. Also, will I get a tracking number? I did not see that anywhere?

Razako

Btw I just submit my order through laserbtb and I did not get a order confirmation directly from the website. I only got one from paypal. Is that normal? Usually I get a confirmation from the company of the site. Also, will I get a tracking number? I did not see that anywhere?
I'd say wait a bit. Probably just a delay. What shipping method did you choose?