Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Newb wants to have fun.

JamTKD

I just bought my first laser (a 5mw green... hey i like it.)

and I have a simple question: What's a few good ways to have fun with a laser?

I'm thinking it will look really cool on snow once it gets snowy here. Any other thoughts?

Note: I read the "read before posting" FAQ's... i just want to know if there's any personal cool things people have come up with.

Last edited:

Glass Christmas ornaments and candle holders make cool patterns, just watch out for getting it in your eyes. and look up diffraction grading. modwerx sells a great one. also take a look at Spirographs.

JamTKD

oh cool thanks. i saw the defraction gratings--- asking for one for christmas.

Thanks for the help.

Just go to LOWE'S & buy several pairs of "glasses" like you would use to watch a 3-D movie, only these are actually mini-diffraction gratings for $3.00 a pop. They have about 4 different designs & are located by the CHRISTMAS decorations.............

Jaseth

Buy a cheap smoke machine! Even a low powered laser such as yours has quite a visible beam if you blast some smoke into your room. You will most likely get a higher power or different colour laser soon and then you will be even more happy you got a smoke machine!
You can also use the smoke machine for parties, halloween special effects and so on.

Seb

If you live in the us go to a party city they still might have there smoke machines from Halloween 60% off. i got a great 400wat smoke machine for only 11$ that thing fills the room with about 4 puffs. got any old motors and maybe your mom has some small glass makeup mirrors but it on the motor with a light tilt and shine that in the smoke.

JamTKD

Just go to LOWE'S & buy several pairs of "glasses" like you would use to watch a 3-D movie, only these are actually mini-diffraction gratings for $3.00 a pop. They have about 4 different designs & are located by the CHRISTMAS decorations.............

That's REALLY cool.

Are you talking about the ones where you put them on and look at a tree and the lights look like a snowflake or something?

thanks, that's really, really cool.

Yep, like kiyoukan already said, those are the glasses I'm talkin' about, & LOWE'S has 4 different patterns. Next time I get over there, I'm gettin' one of each pattern. Lotsa new ways to make pretty PIX with all the different colored lasers ya have. COOL HUH ?

D

Deleted member 8382

wtf smoke machine for 11$? I thought the price was more likely 100 or 200$!!!

Naw, not for a small 400 Watt unit on clearance price from Halloween. I paid $12.00 for mine on sale, the day AFTER Halloween at Kroger of all places. It even came with a liter of fog juice. Man, that thing will sure fill up my living room with fog, FAST. Lasers look
EXCELLENT in smoke or fog.

Flea markets are a great place to buy fog machines too. I've bought 3 there in the last 2 months. Paid $10.00 for the best one. Fog F/X 1100W with remote and timer + 1 gallon of fog juce.:crackup:

VW

I never knew smoke machines were so cheap! I usually just burn scented sticks, but think I might have to invest in one of these!

D

Deleted member 8382

lol I'm afraid this things are only that cheap on USA where people buy them for Halloween, but here in Spain... What are this things used for a part from Halloween? Let's see if I can find some shop...

Hey Albert, If you're lookin' for a fogger (smoke machine), try any shop that deals in Magician supplies. You can also buy Flash Paper there too. If you can't find the foggers there, try stores that deal in Party supplies (B-Day Balloons, Helium Tanks, Streamers, Etc.). If that doesn't work, try oddity shops, or 'HEAD' shops that sell accessories for smokin' weed. Between all these suggestions, you'll surely find a fogger in at least ONE of the stores. FYI, let your fingers do the walking. Stay at home, save gas, & use the phone to check all these places, & start in the YELLOW PAGES if you have that sort of thing in SPAIN. IDK how your phone service operates.
Good Luck...............rob