Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

"Laser Month" is result of meeting someone here....AWESOMENESS

So I posted a few posts months ago asking for some help with lasers. I do a YouTube show called "Smarter Every Day". Only a couple of people here were willing to help me because they didn't believe me. Long story short, Bluefan believed me and helped me. To show my gratitude, I travelled to the Netherlands and we shot "LASER MONTH".

Lighting Cigarette with a Laser - LASER MONTH -Smarter Every Day 37 - YouTube

How to light a match inside a balloon - Smarter Every Day 36 LASER MONTH - YouTube

Laser Month! Week 2 - Laser vs Balloons - Smarter Every Day 35 - YouTube

How Lasers Work (in practice) - Smarter Every Day 33 - YouTube

Thanks Johan for helping me when others wouldn't!

MrPennywhistle

jcranmer

Very cool set of videos! When I saw the first links I was cringing when I clicked it. I am so glad you all were using laser goggles! :bowdown:

Last edited:

Bluefan

Even with the HeNe we used proper laser goggles.

We met when he came to this forum for a special laser. A lot of people come here with special request and back out so the response to his request wasn't always positive but I was interested in this case. We kept in touch afterwards and Destin decided to come over to here. We had a great time shooting these videos.

So lasers are awesome, but it's even better if you get to know eachother through these kind of things.

Sigurthr

I've been subscribed to your channel for a while, Destin, it's quite awesome!

It was a real treat to see Bluefan in the flesh via your channel. I hope there are more videos from that trip!

cvbcbcmv

Wow, you do that channel?!?!?!!?! Tell Vsauce I said hi, and tell him he did fine, but only because of his beard ;)

lasersbee

So I posted a few posts months ago asking for some help with lasers. I do a YouTube show called "Smarter Every Day". Only a couple of people here were willing to help me because they didn't believe me. Long story short, Bluefan believed me and helped me. To show my gratitude, I travelled to the Netherlands and we shot "LASER MONTH".

Lighting Cigarette with a Laser - LASER MONTH -Smarter Every Day 37 - YouTube

How to light a match inside a balloon - Smarter Every Day 36 LASER MONTH - YouTube

Laser Month! Week 2 - Laser vs Balloons - Smarter Every Day 35 - YouTube

How Lasers Work (in practice) - Smarter Every Day 33 - YouTube

Thanks Johan for helping me when others wouldn't!

MrPennywhistle
You had only made 5 posts ~10 months ago from Mar 12 to Mar 14.
Perhaps if you posted a bit more you would have gotten more help.
I didn't even see your posts....

BTW here is the link to that 1st post....

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/help-needed-amazing-rgv-rgb-laser-project-61587.html#post872837

Blufan asked a question and you didn't even take the time to
respond in that thread...:thinking:

And you even had an attitude when a member stated his realistic
opinion....

http://laserpointerforums.com/f60/i-need-laser-geek-stat-61589.html#post873393

That will always cut the lines of help... IME

I'm glad that after ~10 months you did come back and respond.
Glad that you got your project off the ground with the help of
a LPF member...:beer:

Jerry

Last edited:
I've been subscribed to your channel for a while, Destin, it's quite awesome!

It was a real treat to see Bluefan in the flesh via your channel. I hope there are more videos from that trip!
Thanks Bro! I'm going to take a break from laser videos for a bit. I'll come back and we'll show a home made interferometer that Bluefan made. It was quite cool.