Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser module or driver problems please help!!!

:mad: I RECENTLY PURCHASED THREE LASER MODULES AND DRIVERS FROM E-BAY. ONE USED 300mw 532nm AND TWO 50mw 532nm THAT ARE ALEGEDLY NEW. ALL THREE DRIVERS APPEAR TO BE WORKING FINE 120V ac INPUT AND VARIABLE DC OUTPUT .15-3.79V NO LOAD . WHEN I HOOK UP THE DIODES MAX OUTPUT VOLTAGE FROM ALL THREE DRIVERS IS AROUND 2.2 V AND NO LASE FROM ALL THREE DIODES. I'VE ALSO TRIED TO POWER THE DIODES USING A DRIVER I BUILT USING PLANS I GOT FROM THIS SITE WITH THE SAME RESULTS. W.T.F. ??? NOW WITH THE DIODES POWERED UP YOU CAN LOOK INTO THE APERTURE (WITH PROTECTIVE EYEWARE OF COURSE) AND I CAN SEE A FAINT RED GLOW FROM THE DIODES BUT PLEASE REMEMBER THEY ARE ALL LABELED 532nm GREEN... ANY HELP TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED. IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE I WAS RIPPED OFF BUT I SURE HOPE NOT :'( :'(

that red glow is the ir light, and its a lot more powerful than it seems. never look directly into it. it seems to me that there's a problem w/ ur crystals. its possible that they are wayy out of alignment, either that or its nonexistant. its possible to fix, but i wouldn't attempt it. u should probably return it and get ur money back.

Do you have a link to the ebay listings for these? It may help to see what they are and how described.

Regards rog8811