Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser module/diode/driver etc 3d model library for google sketchup?!

Lew8

I'm new to lpf but have been watching for a long time to build my knowledge.

I realise that there are many very skilled people in lpf and i would like to help.

I notice that there are not enough dimensioned drawings of parts, never mind 3d models to work from on lpf for people to visualise thier builds before they have bought the parts.

I have decided to start creating a detailed 3d sketchup library for laser enthusiasts, specifically directed at helping out everyone at lpf.

I noticed that there isnt even a decent model for the standard 12 x 30mm aixiz housing in the 3d warehouse which we all love so much, so i started there. search for aixiz in the sketchup warehouse and it will come up. my username is the same as in lpf.

If anyone would like me to design more laser parts for a library of laser parts, please get in touch. I am also open to design cotributions to create a library of scaled, accurate, dimensionable and usefull components in sketchups's 3d warehouse.

I hope this helps, I dont think anyone else has done this before and i am open to suggestions :)

Very cool! I don't think it's been done before, and I'm sure it'll be very helpful! +1

Lew8

I have now uploaded a model of a 9mm to-5 laser diode commonly used as the pump laser diode package for the beloved green laser pointer. search for it in the sketchup 3d warehouse.

Please comment if there are any other laser parts you would like me to upload. :)

Lew8

I have now also added the standard 5.6mm to-18 laser diode which fits in the aixiz housing and have also added a 3.3mm laser diode.

I'm planning to do a c mount next and then a to-3 laser diode. pls tell me if you want any housings doing e.g. meridith and i will try and find a data sheet to work from. :)

Hope this helps. :)

Lew8

I have now added a model of the standard c-mount laser diode package.
pls tell me if this is incorrect as i think these packages vary a bit.

I have uploaded a pic of the library as it stands at the moment.

pls comment so that i know if this is helpfull to anyone. :)

Attachments

• library V1.bmp
    779.3 KB · Views: 1,408